Event:Maker Faire Africa
When: August 14-16, 2009 (note: l10n work week takes place Aug 3 - 7 in Berlin)
Description: "Maker Faire Africa (MFA), a celebration of African ingenuity, innovation and invention, will take place August 14-16 at the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT in Ghana's capital, Accra. This event is free to the general public."
- Educate and instruct on how to leverage Mozilla platform and web platform
- Create localization opportunities
- Have Mozilla be a visible supporter of this new non-profit, all open-source conference
- Sent involvement ideas to organizers, waiting for feedback on what kind of audience will be attending.
- Determine who is able to attend
- Connect with local contributors
- Determine activities
- Hacking event?
- Localization training -- Mozilla can show quite easily how to build a language pack add-on and then upload it to AMO for people to use. The session can be done most likely in 1 hour, but could be extended to a longer session if necessary.
- What technical resources will be available at the event? (connectivity, power, etc)
- Axel Hecht will be going
- If you are interested in attending please check out our page for both Mozilla community members and employees.
- Mark Grimes, event organizer/sponsor, Ned.com (via Dietrich)
- Raymond Etornam Agbeame, incoming QA intern from Ghana, might know local mozilla contributors interested in participating?
- Taku Joey, contributor in Harare, contacted to see if interested in attending (via Alix)
- Jay said he'd contact our campus reps in Ghana ( Kwamena Appiah-Kubi )