FISL has allocated a room for Mozilla to conduct a day of sessions and talks on April 18th. The workshop will run from 1 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. The goal of the workshop is to connect current Mozilla contributors and to show people the many ways they can get involved.
Please let us know if there are any particular topics you are interested in. Besides this workshop there are other Mozilla activities in FISL
13:00 - 13:20:
- Opening by Chris Blizzard, Evangelist, Mozilla
13:20 - 14:00:
- ( video ) Offline & New features in Firefox 3 - Marcio Galli, Evangelist, Mozilla
- abstract: The Internet increasingly connects people and Web systems. As the online life becomes part of people's cultural habits, connectivity dependency creates a challenge for today's Web applications, thus creating opportunities for innovative apps. The Firefox 3 ecosystem is used as the medium to explore this scenario, featuring newer APIs such as the offline support and improved local storage. This new paradigm is covered with demonstrations and scenarios of cooperation between the online and offline space.
14:10 - 14:50:
- ( Video ) Firefox -- A Developer's Best Friend: Clauber Stipkovic Halic, Web Developer and Mário Rinaldi, Localizer
- abstract: Covers the use of Firefox as the work environment for Web developers. Focuses on various extensions and techniques to support the development of web applications and increase productivity. The presentation creates a line between Web Standards and Mozilla extensions and explores why Firefox became the best friend for Web developers.
15:00 - 15:40:
- The Mozilla 2 Platform - Taras Glek, Platform Engineer, Mozilla
15:50 - 16:30:
Break -- 16:30 - 16:50
16:50 - 17:50:
- ( [video ) Mozilla Mobile: Project Status and Cool Demos - Chris Blizzard and Antonio Gomes [INdT's Mozilla Contributor]
- Abstract: Chris Blizzard will talk about Firefox for your Phone, how the Mozilla Project will approach the problem and give a status update on the project to date. Antonio Gomes will give cool demos of the mobile browser we're building and some of the work that he's been doing to bring the XUL platform to the Nokia N800 series tablets.
18:00 - 18:40:
- ( [video ) Getting involved with Testing & QA: Chris Hofmann, Director of Special Projects, Mozilla
- Abstract: Firefox boasts high performance, stability, compatibility and security due to the thousands of volunteers who test Firefox and other Mozilla products. Chris Hofmann will provide an introduction to Mozilla's testing and QA process for those interested in getting involved! This will be an opportunity to directly contribute to this beneficial open source project and help launch Firefox 3!
18:50 - 19:30:
- ( video ) Localizing Firefox 3 - Fernando Silveira, Mozilla Contributor
- abstract: As the Brazilian Firefox users base grows, grows also the number of people interested in contribute with critiques and suggestions or directly take part in the project. With the crescent use of localized version of Firefox, the user feels more comfortable to participate, but most of them don't know how to start. The communication between the interested user and the localization community is the goal of this session, embracing since the initial contact with Brazilian community to the localization technical aspects.
19:30: Unconference kicks off!
- Bring your demo, ideas, questions!
Other Topic Suggestions
- Discussions of cookies and privacy in the browser and mobile