Firefox Activity Stream Program - Cross-Platform Status Report - May-16-2017
Project Health & Exec Summary
Engineering Highlights From Last Completed Sprint
The Activty Stream ‘Yoho’ milestone ended May 14th. For a complete list of the issues resolved in the Yoho sprint please click HERE
The ‘Graduation’ team implemented critical Search and Context Menu infrastructure in Firefox Nightly as well as landing performance related telemetry probes and key PlacesDB interfaces. This work is critical to getting Activity Stream ‘preffed on’ in Nightly, which would make it the default about:newtab experience for users.
The MVP team released a Test Pilot version of Activity Stream featuring Pocket recommendations. This experiment’s goal is to see how Pocket affects user retention and to understand how users engage with this content.
- No new code landed. Development on hold per notes above.
In the last sprint (1.21 ended May 14th) great progress was made on tying up final loose ends in preparation for kick-off of the TestFlight Beta for Activity Stream. Farhan addressed concerns around improving the AS first run experience and fixed issues relating to Highlights metadata. Also, Steph worked on normalizing our build process in preparation for our first 8.x beta, which is the delivery vehicle for Activity stream. His efforts here should make future betas much easier.
- For a complete list of issues resolved in sprint 1.21 please click HERE
- Here is what we have in Product Nightly right now showing top sites and highlights.
Risks & Issues
|Description of Risk/Issue||Affected Platform(s)||State||Owner||Version||Plan to Resolve/Mitigation||Target Date|
|Android AS resource availability||Android||Open||Eng||2/3 Android resources temporarily reassigned.||June 20|
Development Status References
For more details please visit:
- Desktop Activity Stream Trello Board
- Android Activity Stream Trello Board
- iOS Activity Stream Trello Board
Please see the following for detailed development state (bug level):
- Desktop MVP Project on GitHub
- Mobile Sprint Planning - iOS & Android - Shows both current sprint, and MVP backlog remaining
- Mobile Performance - work completed to date for both iOS & Android