- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- [jaws] Updated the Get Involved page. It should be more useful now, but please add more information to it.
- Log4Moz is coming to toolkit soon? gps is pushing pretty hard to make it happen: bug 451283
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- Akshat Kedia for:
- Bug 895429 - Change nooverflow attribute to overflows
- Bug 885052 - Fullscreen-button can has pressed state in customization mode
- Anup for Bug 880779 - Entering then exiting customization on Windows leaves the 'customize-exiting' attribute on the documentElement
- BDZ for Bug 888115 - Consider renaming customizableui-areatype and customizableui-anchor attributes to something less verbose
- Manish Goregaokar for Bug 887951 - Update panel menu button tooltip
- tpaint and ts_paint regressions are ~1% in worst case for PGO builds, so these are wrapping up now
- Focusing on tab animation tests now. The TART test is now feeding numbers into Datazilla, and we've got an idea of the target we're trying to hit here.
- While one or two of us get our heads wrapped around tab animation performance, some devs are shifting from performance back to behavioural bug fixing. Please watch for regressions on UX, and file bugs!
- Notable bugs fixed within the last week:
- UX branch bundle request: bug 909830
- addressed by patch in bug 906615 (below): bug 809051 - Limit how often we thumbnail the page using the foreground service
- landed, backed out due to test failure, investigating: bug 901294 - Unexpected downloading will be started by after every restart of the browser due to background thumbnailing
- landed: bug 908060 - Choose a better size for the background thumbnail service's browser
- discussion, patch-review cycle ongoing: bug 906615 - Background thumbnail service shouldn't overwrite existing thumbnails, or at least foreground thumbnails should be preferred
- work ongoing: bug 902439 - New Tab Page launches User Identification Request dialog before page is selected
- landed: bug 907350 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js failure
- filed: bug 908962 - Investigate using bypass-history and -cache load flags in background thumbnail browser
- filed: bug 908960 - Use a placeholder image when the background thumbnail service knows its thumbnail is bad
- Landed a few code cleanup as usual.
- Working hard on getting first e10s patches landed (bug 894595).
- Very close to landing a patch that increases the data collection interval on battery power (bug 506975).
- Working on landing telemetry measurements for the TabStateCache (bug 896545).
- Global value (per-session) API will land later today (bug 899213).
Places API asyncification
- close to landing last 3 major bugs for 26, should all happen this week
- fixed (hopefully) a set of intermittent oranges
- starting on a set of refactoring patches
- will start to look at australis issues
* toolbarbutton css * menu panel support
- More fixes landed recently:
- Support for <select> dropdowns, geolocation/web notifications prompt, focus/input issues on mac, some crashes
- Ongoing work in:
- session restore, alert/prompt support, adblockplus/other add-ons support, tab crashed page
- We think it's reaching a state where more people can start testing it
- More details in the platform meeting
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)