« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
January 20 - 27 2010
Jan 21st: Firefox 3.6
- final release scheduled for tomorrow
- release checklist is up and will be used
- can direct users to this video of what's new and exciting in Firefox 3.6
late this week/early next: Mobile Firefox 1.0 for Maemo RC3
- 1 blocker left - flash crashes loading nytimes. workaround patch being reviewed and discussed
Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8
- proposed schedule at links above, behind on code freeze
- long code freeze -> build period
- might try to co-ordinate with Firefox 3.6.1
- looking to release a beta in next 2 weeks or so
- we need to figure out if we want to offer that to the 3.6.x audience on the beta channel
- common issues
- Gearing up for launch please please help out.
- Tracking the following things for 3.6 launch (please let us know if we should look at others):
- Questions related to personas
- Facebook chat lagging FF bug 536334
- Flash 10.0.42 hanging Gmail on OSX bug 539805
- More details available in the platform meeting notes.
- better performance with flash/rendering while users interact with the webpage
- less checkerboarding during scroll/pan
- autocomplete is cached now!
- use of a new, less animated, pageload throbber reduced pageload time by 10-15%
- better responsiveness to zoom
- More details available in the mobile engineering meeting notes
- dashboard started to chew on lorentz, at least half of it
- new incarnation of the dashboard should get a public URL RSN
- Finishing Fx 3.6 QA including MU. Ready for tomorrow.
- Website Compatibility Testday - Friday
- Mario Alvarado has began working on the broken website reporter
- Going to start push of 3.6 final to mirrors later this afternoon
- Waiting for QA on WinCE builds and updates. Are we going to ship these? Do we need to keep generating builds / updates?
- no longer planning to simultaneous ship
- after we ship for OSX, Windows and Linux we'll finish testing and publish these
- Compatibility now at 83% and looking good with the exception of IE Tab, PCMan isn't responding. Anyone have any updates?
- There is a Coral IE Tab which appears to be a fork of IE Tab
- Jorge's team is on deck in anticipation of a wave of updates and nominations
- Bug 539768 - bug to cover easy launch of site
- Download stats page set to be updated see bug 540749
There is a potential issue with the 3.* repacks distributed by Yahoo!. The repacks bundle the Yahoo! toolbar, and are referred to as Mozilla Firefox Yahoo! Edition. The toolbars bundled have a maxVersion of 3.6a1, and the updateURL they use (which points to Yahoo!) will not provide users with an update that's compatible. Yahoo! is aware of the issue, and is working to provide a proper update for existing users, but anyone who updates their repack to 3.6 will probably lose their toolbar.
Support should be aware of this issue in case there are user complaints. There is no ETA on the fix, but it will hopefully be a matter of days. Toolbars downloaded from toolbar.yahoo.com are unaffected by this problem (they have a maxVersion of 3.*, which is a different issue we're also trying to address :) ).
If anyone has any questions on this matter, please let Kev know.
- Working on a 3.6 post based on something that Paul started.
- Will be posting like crazy tomorrow on twitter about new web developer stuffs.
- Details about Marketing's 3.6 launch plans, messaging & projects
- Website/materials ready to go for launch.
- Working on a project to "beautify nightly.mozilla.org"
- (fligtar) AMO broke add-on release notes in the client
- FF3.6 is first time we've run unittests and talos on the actual release builds.