« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 3.6.10 and Firefox 3.5.13
- Firefox 3.6.10 and 3.5.13 are in QA, planned to go out today
- Fixing bug 594699 (small as far as numbers/percentage, but because it is a startup crash it's high impact) and bug 590978 (fix potential breakage with PP 1.6 and make sure we don't strand users on old FF versions, 3.6.x only)
Firefox 4 Beta 6
- shipped Sept 14th! (release notes)
- Quick turn release to fix a small number of high-pain
bugs, shouldn't impact schedule for what is now beta 7
Firefox 4 Beta 7
- Still feature freeze
- Still string freeze
- 63 blockers left, which makes for schedule pain.
- Really need help finding graphics bugs in particular
- Pushing live on Thursday night/Friday morning
- Mobile Firefox Beta Feedback is ready
We're on dedicated hardware now thanks to justdave and oremj!
Jetpack SDK 0.8
- froze Tuesday, September 14, 11:59pm PT 9 (last night)
- [DONE] Window, Page Mods APIs, E10S-compatibility fixes for Page Mods, Page Worker; architectural and general API changes
- [MISSED] additional APIs and E10S-compatibility fixes
- we need at least one additional cycle for beta
Add-on Builder 1.0a5
- release delayed by stubborn blocker (bug 594211); still working on it
- earliest possible release date Friday, September 17
- after 1.0a5, AMO team will take on additional FlightDeck development
Highlights / Notices
Notes or issues that don't correspond to a particular release you'd like people to know about.
- Latest beta Feedback (b5)
- Love the new tab functions--Panorama is hugely popular
- Feels faster
- Love the new UI and minimalistic design
- Orkut UA issue fixed!
- close/maximize/minimize button issue fixed!
- Font Rendering issues bug 590342 bug 594325 bug 588880
- StartUp bug 595277
- Slow Scrolling bug 437178
- HTTPS doesn't work over Proxy bug 592197 FIXED
- Mac Artifacts Issue bug 592453 FIXED fixed in b6
- Loss of Home page (TP) bug 594178
- Hotmail:bug 581502 (to be fixed by Hotmail team)
- Personas extension manager affecting 3.6.x and Beta bug 590608 (Blocklisted)
- Groups of Tabs don't save bug 589665
- YouTube Rendering issue (Is there a better bug?)bug 583906
- when to expect the new Linux theme?
- Common Add-On Compatibility Requests
Questions and Concerns
Please add any questions or concerns you would like discussed at today's meeting.