« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 1.2 Feedback Summary
- 1.3 Highlights / Notices
- 1.4 Questions and Concerns
- 1.5 Press & Public Reactions
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- schedule for next beta beltzner to fill in more detail!
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- Code freeze was yesterday, actually got somewhat decent last-minute convergence (20 blockers down to 10 on 3.6)
- Waiting to send the go to build, will likely be this Friday
- We pushed the scary advertised update to 3.0 users yesterday
Add-on Builder 1.0a8
- All 1.0a8 deliverables are on-track
- The new ACE editor is highly awesometastic
- 1.0a9 release draft will be ready for initial review next week
- Code-frozen. We're releasing on 1/25
- Started work on Input 3.1 which'll have submission methods for mobile firefox and the dashboard for major release users across rate, site issues and ideas
- In regards to bug 617393...
- What will the appversion look like for betachannel users when go to a major release?
- There's a ui-review and string-review required there. What would be the right approach to ask for various reviews in the future?
Add-on SDK 1.0b2
- froze today, scheduled to ship January 26
- scope is small; not many changes; but gets us back to regular release cycle
- major deliverables mostly missed, but several are in late stages, and we made good progress on E10S integration
- Flash crashes seem to be the biggest issue on input.mozilla.com
- Copy/Paste, Search Box and Tab Button are new to our watch list of concerns see below for more details.
- Smorgasboard of issues around Facebook Flash Apps and Facebook Chat.
|ASSERT message when closing tab||about 250-300 hits on SUMO||203||bug 608589|
|Search Box not working||30ish||331||bug 620672|
|Netflix streaming player doesn't work OSX||17||204||was bug 598406|
|Copy/Paste issues (also related to issues with not enough storage messages)||100+ across various threads||768||bug 613915|
|DivX player doesn't work||225 (180+ overall)||61|
|New Tab Button on Tab bar doesn't work||50 across various threads||200||May be caused by divx extensions|
|Google's Bodybrowser WebGL demo is not compatible with Firefox 4||221||133||bug 621718|
|Home button moved to the right of the search bar on load||402||bug 622141|
|Twitter.com not rendered properly||100||bug 622064 bug 613040|
Highlights / Notices
Questions and Concerns
- Concern: 3.6.13 crashes don't look like they are being recorded, or certain views aren't showing all the data (.16 crashes / ADUs? SWEET!). Filed bug 627123. Just noticed today, not sure if it affects other versions.