Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Our final beta is out the door
- Our RC has been built (and a backup for one-off stability issues)
- FF22 sign-offs just wrapped up this morning, thumbs up
- Get excited for WebRTC!
- Mixed Content Blocking will ship unless we see significant negative user feedback and major unresolved web regressions
- We're on track to land bug 870100 this week, which should address the "missing tab thumbnails on new tab page" issue. Still lots of tweaking to be done to make it work correctly, so keep an eye out for improvements/bugs related to tab thumbnails.
- Team currently working on Iteration #9 - June 12, 2013 - June 25, 2013.
- QA working on regression testing IT#0 - IT#8 - 18 bugs remain to be tested.
- Metro Test Day scheduled for Friday June 28.
- Iteration #9 backlog is currently: 108 total points, 97 points remaining, 11 points closed.
- High probability of forecasted date to completion of development to expand by 1 iteration to December 05, 2013.
20 Total; 0 Open (0%); 9 Resolved (45%); 11 Verified (55%);
- Fx22 Feature List
- QA signed off on Beta 6, RC1 this morning, yay: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/22/Beta/6 <==awaiting x86 builds
- Recent uplifts to be aware of:
- bug 879651 - no audio playback on Android x86 has been uplifted
- bug 862755 - Reader mode icon from the URL bar corner is almost impossible to access
- bug 852986 - Regression: Google search results completely zoomed in on browser back
- bug 856497 - Regression: IMDB search field hidden behind awesomebar
- bug 876562 - In Fennec content behind fullscreen content should not be pannable, zoomable, or visible
- Fx23 Feature List
- Was for Fx23, now for Fx24: bug 884300 - CFI records broken on all non-Windows platforms
- FHR has landed! We are working on the "about" page
- Permissions bump release
- Fx24 Features List
- Q2 goals are largely on target, working on requirements for Q3.
- upcoming events: PhoneGap days ( PDX, July & Amsterdam, Sept ), also devtools work week in August
No updates. Ready for Firefox 22
UX & User Research
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- just text this week
- The European Union has fast tracked proposals to cut roaming charges across the 27 countries, possibly as soon as the 1st of July 2014 and at the latest in 2017. This measure is expected to slash 2% of operators revenues across the continent and it is part of a larger effort of the EU to create a single market for the telecoms industry.
- Samsung is set to produce a version of the Galaxy S4 compatible with LTE - Advanced, the evolution of LTE (Long - Term - Evolution). The device will be made available in South Korea, one of the few countries where this next generation technology is deployed at a larger scale.
- Nokia has announced that it will stop producing devices with Symbian. This move essentially means the end of the platform, a direction that started 2 years ago, when the company commissioned Accenture to maintain the OS, following its move to Windows Phone for the smartphone line. Support for Symbian will still be provided through - out 2016, as the platform has a significant install base in the emerging markets and there still are devices in channels waiting to be sold. 40 million Symbian phones are forecasted to be bought in 2013, 21.6 million in 2014 and 10.9 million in 2015.
- Flurry Analytics analyzed the app behaviour of US iOS users through - out the day. Usage increases steadily as the day goes on and peaks in the evening, between 6 and 9 pm. The bulk of usage comes from games, followed by social and photo sharing, news and magazines and music and entertainment. Segmentation by age shows that people in the 25 - 34 age bracket are more interested in sports, health and fitness, entertainment and shopping than the average and less interested in games and news and magazines, indicating that the app market for those preferred categories might see special growth.
- Finnish mobile operator DNA has confirmed it will be the first to sell the Jolla smartphone in Q4 of this year. For a price of 399 Euros, consumers will get a device with a 4.5 inch display, a dual - core processor and 16 GB of internal storage.
- The European Union is rumored to have plans to investigate Google over alleged anticompetitive behaviour related to the licensing of Android. The company is suspected to have licensed the platform "below cost" to manufacturers in order to get fast adoption and to have made "potential requests to cancel and / or delay the launch of smartphone devices running competing operating systems or used competing services to Google's own". The investigation follows complaints from Microsoft and Nokia, which alleged that Google used the Android platform to force OEMs to use its own services.
- Yandex announced a dedicated version of its mobile browser for Android smartphones and iPads that will be made available later this year. The app will be available in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus. Kazakhstan and Turkey and besides Yandex's search engine it will use Opera's Turbo technology to offer proxy - browsing. Planned are also features such as syncing of a comprehensive set of data: passwords, user names, tabs, autofill entries, search history, browsing history, favourite websites, as well as notifications for unread messages from social networks.