< Firefox2 | StatusMeetings
<< previous week | index | next week>>
- 11:30am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 216 2181 (or +1 303 228 0514)
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
- Review known risk areas (below)
- Review any new risk areas
- Review plan for beta 1 release:
- QA plan
- Release notes/website changes
Bon Echo Beta 1
Areas of Concern
- schrep: Since it's a large patch. We could use help testing the trunk builds to make sure the pref panel is still functioning properly
- Waldo: soonest it can be on trunk with regression updates is this afternoon
- schrep: because it involves both client and server AUS. I'd prefer not to defer this one since b1->b2 upgrades is a great place to catch issues.
- morgamic has said that the server AUS stuff will be pushed today
- schrep: JS 1.7 - which has mostly been on trunk and has good automated coverage. This makes b1 or misses the release.
- brendan: looks like we're gonna land this afternoon, been on trunk for a long time ensuring no regressions and API compatibility
- marcia: lots of smoketests in Litmus, more needed, BFTs need builds
- schrep: how long from build handoff to end of BFTs?
- marcia: ideally no less than 2 days
- preed: looking at 4hours from tagging to candidate availability on all platforms
- davel: would like to request that the day after the build is cut, we cut an update on a dummy channel so we can test automatic updates
- schrep: what locales are we planning to ship?
- beltzner: just the installers translated, or all all strings in good shape?
- axel: we seem to be keeping up to date, if we take a whole day next week we should be at a point where all locales are in good shape. You can keep track of the status here.
- axel: when would we pull l10n builds?
- schrep: we were talking next monday, were we not?
- preed: set a date, communicate it to everyone, and then I'll know when to tag
- axel: let's say 5am PDT on Monday, so preed could pull Monday morning when preed rolls into the office?
- pkim: do we want to promote the GA of beta1 on mozilla.com
- beltzner: we promoted it on mozilla.org and devnews last time
- pkim: we're also going to be doing some press since we know that the technology press will be covering it and reviewing it the moment it comes out
- schrep: how much heads up notice will you need?
- pkim: matter of hours; a 24 hour window is ideal
- schrep: will we be switching branding to "Firefox" from "Bon Echo"?
- pkim: that's a cbeard decision, and I'll ask him soon
- puts release no later than end of next week, no sooner than Tuesday