< Firefox2 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
- Bon Echo RC 2
- Any last minute areas of concern?
- Release Plans / Dependencies
- Schedule Checkup
- Any Other Business
Bon Echo RC 2
- all Firefox 2 / Gecko 1.8.1 blockers
- security, major crash, or major regression bugs only
- please make yourself available to work on these late breaking bugs
- also, please watch MozillaZine, blogs, IRC, etc and look for bugs that you can test, get STR and help evaluate risk and escalate show stopping issues
- RC2 candidate builds for all locales are now on the FTP servers
- bug 355069 (0-day spolit reported at toorocon) is still being investigated; so far haven't been able to do more than a DoS with it; it looks like it might not be that serious
- bug 355195 is also being considered for respins
- update at 3:56PDT: neither of these bugs actually causes a respin, but we did decide to respin RC 2 based on the following two bugs: bug 355222 and bug 355216.
RC 2 QA Testing Plans
- finished basic regression tests and smoketests on all platforms and windows BFT
- with help of community, we've finished the topsite testing
- doing RC1->RC2 bug verification
- timr: saw one crasher, unable to reproduce, no showstoppers
- today is l10n testing (tier-1 locales, mostly language spot checking) some community members helping with deeper locale-based testing
- working with Axel on which other locales to test in addition to tier-1
- also doing plugin testing today to ensure popular plugins still work
- and doing extension compatibility testing today and tomorrow
- eta: early next week for green light, not sure yet
- preed: obviously these times will change if we do RC2 respins
RC 2 Release Mechanics
- minor updates to release notes will be made on mozilla.com and announcements will be made on devnews, mozilla.announce and dev.planning
- as we near release day, all-rc.html will be updated to carry a message with ETA on RC2, and then will be updated to point to RC2 when it's ready
- updates will be pushed via update mechanism to all alpha, beta & RC 1 users
Release Plans / Dependencies
- cbeard to update
Any other business
- timr: if add-ons don't update their maxVer compatibility flags soon, we can't test them. they should do this by October 10th. the database needs to be updated a few days before we release so that Firefox can know that there are compatibility updates available?
- bsmedberg: what happens if they're not updated?
- timr: then we'll have to pull them from our recommended update list
- beltzner: do we have anyone heading up that project?
- timr: chofmann and shaver? not sure (beltzner to follow up)
- dbaron: is the work QA is doing for the purposes of a release candidate or the testing required for a final release?
- timr: we're doing all the testing we can for everything that's available, so the only things we're not testing are add-ons without appropriate maxVer updates, nor l10n'd mozilla.com pages since those aren't available; that said, we do want to take a little bit of time to test those things appropriately
- dbaron: I'm worried that the cycle between shipping an RC and calling it good enough for release is too short.
- schrep: what is it that we're doing that we shouldn't be doing to get it out sooner?
- dbaron: not sure, but it feels like this is a high bar for an RC
- schrep: if you want to, we can talk about what we're doing offline, but there's an awful lot of work to do when you take into account the fact we're shipping 40+ languages on 3 platforms; it's a lot of sanity checking to do.
- RC 2 Release Target: Tuesday, Oct 10th (assuming no respins, which seems unlikely!)
- Dependencies should be ready by October 17th