< Firefox3.5 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- was Firefox 3.0.10, has the same fixes (plus a couple)
- QA is testing, will start builds next week
- on track for early June ship
- schedule coming this week
- probably a mid-July release
- Firefox crashing updates:
- Much fewer (from ~ 35/300 sampled to just 23) this week! Yay.
- Seeing almost no _PR_MD_SEND, don't know why.
- New crash: crashing on gmail or when leaving gmail/google sites. Probably: bug 489970
- 3.5 Forum threads No new issues.
- Can we use screenshots from b4 in documentation or should we hold off til RC?
- Clear Recent History and Privacy pane docs are now updated for 3.5
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- see yesterday's platform meeting notes as well
- at 66 blockers without fixes for final ship
- 650k+ ADUs
- interestingly, 150k+ ADUs on 3.1b3 - do we know why?
- goal is to code freeze late in the week of the 18th
- build will need 1 day to OSX/Linux builds, another day for w32 & updates
- QA needs 7 business days
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions; some of these may be altered due to the outcome of the work week!
- see also the plan for a team to investigate separating content processes recently posted by bsmedberg
- Firefox (Namoroka): draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Content: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Layout: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Graphics: draft plan | discussion
Upcoming l10n changes
- geolocation UI strings (3-4 changes)
bug 491732, bug 491739 and bug 488574all done
- site-specific search bug 482229
- video a11y changes bug 490287, bug 489549
- if you know of any others, tells us now!
- Status is:
- 21 are fully localized
- 49 missing 6 strings (so, geolocation changes)
- 2 missing 146 strings (post b3 changes)
- Bug Verifications last week
- 98 1.9.1+Trunk bugs verified (core/firefox/toolkit)
- 65 1.9.1 bugs verified
- Bug verifications have picked up momentum again and doubled since last week
- QA Meetup Tonight
- Purpose: Clint Talbert, QA Testdev lead, will be performing reftest demos tonight @7:00pm in Building K!
- If you can attend, please add yourself to the Participants list!
- Firebug Testday
- Litmus results from last Friday's Firebug testday
- 16 bugs filed, 1 invalid, 8 fixed shortly after (thanks, tmyoung and jhillacre)
- Website Compatibility Testing Project
- We are still looking for volunteers to test their banking institution. Please register and contribute your results.
- Firmware upgrade last night went really well, let us know if you see any problems.
- Did another fake major update in the lead up to FF3.5 release with major update offer on release day.
- 58% compatibility
- 3.5b4 compatibility mailer was sent out
- 35 Days - Lots of people signed up now: Evangelism/Firefox3.5/35Days
- Upgrade the web stuff is coming together
- WP developer - just waiting on contract stuff
- MT developer - gen is chasing down and have someone set up
- Wordpress 2.8 - http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7262#comment:36
- Not closed for offline support but looks like it's an issue on their end
- Perf numbers - still not closed here - working with pat and clint on issues
- Site updates continuing, nearing completion overall. Status here: Firefox3.5/WebsitePlan
- "What's new" and "Thank you" videos currently in production, should be ready by May 22nd
- Developing SEM campaign for launch, and evaluating other online marketing opportunities
- Fastest Firefox campaign:
- Basic landing pages are ready
- Upload page is in QA (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=492562)
- After these pages are all out of QA, some minor coordination will be needed to tie them all together and get them ready for launch but we'll basically be set.
- Will launch this campaign 3 weeks before the 3.5 launch
- Community marketing workshops continue in runup to launch
- 3.5 PR activities underway
- Press tour - spokesfolk notified, dates confirmed, now scheduling meetings
- Updating reviewer's guide
- Drafting press release
- Drafting public FAQ
- Press deck