Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- firedrilled due to stability problems with Firefox 3.0.9
- shipped last Monday
- we missed a needed patch in 3.0.9
- will have notes tomorrow on how we're going to keep this from happening in the future
- was Firefox 3.0.10, has the same fixes (plus a couple)
- aiming for early June release
- Still have crashes as a top issue (Will find out if it's less crashy v 3.0.9 but pr_md_send is still the worst.)
- Looking to update SUMO KB to include crash signatures to better help users skilled enough to find those.
- Lost logins/cookies/bookmarks (tracking to see if updating sqlite helps)
- 31 3.5 forum threads – Support/Firefox3.5:Forumthreads
- Support Firefox Day planned for just after RC1 -- date? Focus will be on supporting 3.5 and will be done using Theora to showcase open video. (Who do we talk to to get help setting up).
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- already at 500k+ ADUs (still 100k+ ADUs on 3.1b3)
- not seeing a large upswing in blocker nominations, means its very stable
- code freeze for RC needs to be in late May required to hit June release window
- while we will aim to make RC1 perfect, previous Firefox releases have needed up to 3 RCs before we're ship-ready
- goal is to code freeze late in the week of the 18th
- we'll re-evaluate then based on remaining work to do
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions; some of these may be altered due to the outcome of the work week!
- see also the plan for a team to investigate separating content processes recently posted by bsmedberg
Not much detail, feedback on Beta 4 tickling in in the universe. We'll need to find out how to make sense of it.
Upcoming l10n changes
- geolocation UI strings (3-4 changes)
- site-specific search bug 482229
- video a11y changes bug 490287, bug 489549
- if you know of any others, tells us now!
- Bug Verifications last week
- RC1 testplan (tentative link??) in the works. Juanb to lead QA efforts.
- Firebug testday planned for friday 5/8
- All developers that use this extension heavily is encouraged to participate! And others too
- Next QA meetup will be held on Wed, 5/13
- Purpose: Clint Talbert, QA Testdev lead, will be performing reftest demos!
- If you can attend, please add yourself to the Participants list!
- Website Compatibility Testing Project is seeking volunteers to test their banking institution. Please open an account and contribute your results.
- no news this week
- 52% compatibility with 3.5.*
- Sending out email this week to get developers to update maxver
- Automated repacks w/Release are now live
- Bringing all partner-generated repacks back in-house. Moving forward, using RelEng build/repack facilities will be a requirement for all customized distributions.
- Starting testing of repacks with 3.5b4, and will also test MU with repacks to ensure there are no exciting surprises.
- Customization guidelines (specifically bundled add-ons) will be modified to follow the No Surprises policy (once finalized)
- Taking to-do of putting forward a strategy to help keep partner/third party orgs appraised on product releases and changes (and interactions with their products). will follow-up with beltzner and ss.
- Still getting occasional last-minute documentation requests for Firefox 3.5, working on getting them taken care of.
- Coordinating with Thunderbird doc team to ensure that the Gecko stuff is written to apply to both as much as possible.
- 35 Days - people are signing up: Evangelism/Firefox3.5/35Days
- Upgrade the web stuff is coming together
- WP developer is on the hook
- Might need some sfx closure - don't think I've talked with Alex about this
- Good feedback from roc from all-hands on competitive stuff, need to wiki-fi and grow from there
- UX stuff looks pretty food from faaborg on our full 3.5 list (yay dietrich) Evangelism/Firefox3.5
- Need performance numbers from Clint for 3.5 messaging on load times.
- Received a dozen community submissions for the "thank you" video, creating a rough draft this week
- Recorded the audio for Beltzner's "what's new in 3.5" video, first rough draft available next week
- Started recording Mozilla team's comments on "why are you excited about 3.5", plan to record more next week.
- Two key pages (First Run, What's New) are now into l10n
- The rest are almost there...the "Under the Hood" page is the one furthest away from completion at this point
Community Marketing Team:
- Events workshop was last week -- working on getting presentation and video up.
- Next on tap is the Creative workshop on 5/7.
- Updated reviewer's guide with Beltzner for sign-off
- Initial pass at press tour dates/locations complete, working on finalizing
- Press release in early draft form
- Starting development of press tour slide deck next week