Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- found a regression, have to respin
- no set date for final release yet; will know more tomorrow
- aiming for Thursday next week or early the week after
- on track for mid-July release
- may push out a bit because of 3.0.11 respin
- As always: Support/Firefox3.5:Forumthreads
- Possibly new OSX crash that's plugin related: bug 495474. Under investigation.
- Do we have followup on blocklisting MyWebSearch? bug 449062 -- lots of @user32.dll crashes on crash-stats but probably not all of them are this.
- Support Firefox Day likely pushed back a week to June 18th... waiting on final RC release date before finalizing date of SFD.
- If you have bugs with defined crash signatures and proven workarounds, CC cwwmozilla@gmail and we'll put together a KB article so users can help themselves via about:crashes rather.
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- see yesterday's platform meeting notes as well
- at 17 blockers without fixes for final ship, 15 are not code-related
- 800k users on beta (10k on shiretoko nightly)
- 2 blockers left
- looks like we'll finish up today
- roll RC builds tonight, start QA tomorrow
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- reminder to review and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- Still updating 3.5 RC 1 changesets for QA, new set by Multilingual QA
- l10n server chewing to regenerate data for next iteration of the dashboard as we speak
- l10n builds for Firefox and Fennec now with l10n merge
- yahoo plugin updates?
- Bug Verifications last week
- Upcoming Testdays
- Web Site Testing ... Testday this friday 6/5; Tweet it, please. This might change if RC1 is available this Friday.
- Previous week Firefox 3.5RC1 Testday Results
- Had a max of 44 in the testday channel at its peak
- 984 test cases run on litmus with 471 on Windows, 354 on Linux and 159 on Macs
- Full Litmus report can be found here
- Major contributors: chrisblore, gialloporpora, amitphukan, ken-s, nemo, deimidis, shutnik, tmyoung,
- Toptester: tmyoung with 236 testcases run!
- 5 Bugs found and bug 495495 added to 3.5 RC1 relnote thanks to AaronMT
- Still working on details and instructions for an upcoming company-wide testday. Dogfooding encouraged.
- Website Compatibility Testing Project
- We are always looking for volunteers to test their banking institution (especially internationally) Please register and contribute your results. Join us for the testday this Friday.
- FF3.0.11 build#2 handed to QA early this morning.
- waiting for go on FF3.5rc1 :-)
- Compatibility up 6% from last week
- Java Console removal should be considered
- Review queue burndown on 6/27 & 6/28
- New AMO launch on 6/9/09
- Firebug 1.4b1 now on AMO
- 35 Days
- Starting to get content in
- Blog is going to be up friday, will do intro then
- Content starts on Monday
- Going to keep us crushingly busy for quite a while
- Upgrade the web
- WP Plugin - plugin is about ready to go, saw it earlier this week with full buttons + functionality
- Should be done at the end of the week
- WP 2.8 work continues - more advice from Honza, etc
- Docs continue to be basically done, aside from the occasional minor tidbit that comes to our attention.
- Remaining mozilla.com projects include: updating press section of the site, updating screenshots, new background illustration and l10n
- Thank you video is staged
- Making final tweaks to What's new in 3.5 video
- Fastest Firefox Campaign launched Monday: http://www.fastestfirefox.com
- Firefox 3.5 overview (with TRO) is getting refreshed, ETA is next week
- Firefox 3.5 launch parties
- Updating CTA on front page of SpreadFirefox.com with "Party!" block to promote Firefox 3.5 launch events.
- Creating new page to encourage event registrations and planning: https://spreadfirefox.authstage.mozilla.com/lets-party
- Finished event swag request form: http://bit.ly/fx35launch_swagrequest
- Firefox 3.5 press tour happening this week in NYC and DC - Melissa and Beltzner
- Firefox 3.5 launch materials:
- Reviewers guide and FAQ complete
- Finalizing press deck, press release and stats page
- l10n of reviewer's guide in progress