< Firefox3.5 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- shipping to beta today
- final release targeting June 4
- aiming for mid-July release
- Support/Firefox3.5:Forumthreads -- Still seeing some cookies with sqlite issues -- eagerly awaiting updating to newest sqlite.
- Uptick in keyword.URL hijacking (Ask.com AND Yoog). Yoog also uses a user.js file to keep its changes in place even after resetting and also affects the search bar searches. Ask.com has a toolbar that at intervals (or maybe just once) resets keyword.URL. Do we have people to talk to at either company?
- KB status for 3.5: 
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- see yesterday's platform meeting notes as well
- at 25 blockers without fixes for final ship, 11 are not code-related
- 700k users and growing
- kind of expect this number to go up after Google I/O today
- aiming for final code freeze tomorrow night
- some unscoped blockers, but they are being actively worked
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions; some of these may be altered due to the outcome of the work week!
- see also the plan for a team to investigate separating content processes recently posted by bsmedberg
- Firefox (Namoroka): draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Content: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Layout: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Graphics: draft plan | discussion
Upcoming l10n changes
- geolocation UI strings (3-4 changes)
bug 491732, bug 491739 and bug 488574all done
- site-specific search bug 482229 (is this l10n?)
- video a11y changes
bug 490287, bug 489549are done
video keyboard access bug bug 486899not l10n.
- Status is:
- 73 localizations to ship
- 2 locales missing, mn and tr. Turkish is a physical healthy problem, get well soon.
- es-MX needs to confirm opt-in still.
- Testing continuing, updating source stamps as we go. Nice inter-community help going on here.
- Bug Verifications last week
- 183 1.9.1+Trunk bugs verified (core/firefox/toolkit)
- 145 1.9.1 bugs verified
- Roughly doubled the number of bug verifications from the previous week.
- Upcoming Testdays
- Firefox 3.5 RC1 Testday this friday 5/29 (pending RC1 status), Tweet it, please.
- Previous week AMO testday results
- Company-wide testday scheduled within the next two-three weeks. Target audience firstname.lastname@example.org. Details about the testday, instructions, and schedules to follow.
- Website Compatibility Testing Project
- We are always looking for volunteers to test their banking institution (especially internationally) Please register and contribute your results.
- waiting for "go"
- still all ok for Major Update offer on FF3.5 release day.
- Add-ons meetup yesterday
- Extend Firefox 3.5 contest
- Compat up 4% to 64% for 3.5.*
- Drop Java Console from report
- Should we drop themes from the report?
- Kev is driving blocklist of AVG add-on (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=479095)
- Docs - still finding occasional stuff.
- 35 Days - Schedule is up, people have been contacted: Evangelism/Firefox3.5/35Days
- Upgrade the web stuff
- WP developer - initial cut of the plugin is done
- Buttons coming from Sean - a little more work here to do
- MT Plugin - just getting quote now, need to talk to Gen about it, not sure if we have enough time here or not
- Arun now looking at Wordpress 2.8
- Putting together a perf video with the marketing video
- DailyMotion now public - looking at issues with the RC
- "Under the Hood" page now staged and in QA: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/performance/
- there's some work that has to be done after RC1, and we're still tying up a few more loose ends here and there, but we're generally on track for launch.
- Community marketing
- Fastest Firefox: launching June 1!
- Launch team:
- First video from community member Vineel Reddy to be released this week!
- Launch workshop videos are up.
- Firefox 3.5 press tour booking for New York and DC
- Reviewers guide complete
- Finalizing press release, press deck and FAQ
- Fastest Firefox PR
- RRRT Pages for Firefox 3.0.11 and Firefox 3.5 RC1 created and now ready. - Tomcat