From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • #granparadiso for backchannel

PRD Status Update

Open actions for PRD progress

  • AI: Decision on HTTP Pipelining - Necko team needs to make a call. Per Robert Sayer, HTTP Pipelining clearly breaks web compatibility, we'll punt on this for now.
  • AI: Damon/Basil to setup a time to review the critical printing bug queue
  • AI: Schrep to check with Joe Hewitt regarding Firebug
  • AI: Basil & team to finalize Fx 3 distro requirements. Next step is recommendation from BDS, thunder & mconnor about extension vs. ini file approach to customization.

Work in progress

  • Password Mgr went out for review last week - undergoing final review from Gavin today. Fixing it up and ready for landing today (5/15) (dolske)
  • Download manager in review. Should be able to land today. (swilsher)
  • Patch for Places tests, Microsummaries test crashes (due to XPCOM shutdown bug) - Dmills should be done today. We should turn Places on tomorrow (5/16)
  • Web-based protocol handler backend work is ready for review. (dmose)
  • Myk awaiting review for site-specific prefs from mconnor
  • New Cairo is to be landed within the next 24 hours (vlad)
  • Johnathan has some security UI fixes
  • Beltzner - let's use dev.apps.firefox for UI discussion with hi-fi mockups


QA Status/Topics

Localization Topics

Round table

Gecko 1.9 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • join #granparadiso for backchannel

General Discussion

  • Risky Items Landed?
  • Offline Apps Status: Big offline device landed. Input File Elements need to be hashed out. Trying to get it in this alpha.

Blockers and Noms

Blockers report:

Noms Blockers

GFX Update

  • Vlad's all about the border regressions, and trying to work down blocker list
  • vlad: more border regressions, and then performance (and blocker list)
  • roc: fixed a number of new-textframe bugs; dogfooding it now
  • roc: next: update whitespace handling; performance tests
  • Issues/Concerns

Layout Update

  • Progress made last week (Blockers resolved last week)
  • What we're working on this week (Blockers this week).
  • Issues/Concerns

Content Update

  • Landed the cycle collector patch bug 378987, we're now down to CC adding around 100% to GC.
  • Worked on bug 348156 (patch finished but not tested)

Mac Update

  • Steady progress with blockers again, though more getting added to the list
  • josh working on native form controls, colin working on scrollbars and rendering issues
  • native form controls on Mac OS X perhaps as close as a week away

Build Tools Update

  • Is no news good news?
  • Mac enabled for sure in this Alpha
  • Will try to have a 50/50 deployment (breakpad vs talkback) for this alpha, if not, then we turn it on all the way (possibly).