Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for final ship
- 23 blockers (-35 from last week)
- 2 blocker noms
- Over past 7 days (queries based on -7d from "now")
- incoming blocker rate is still pretty high
- most of the new blockers were Places (regressions from fixes) and Theme (polish work)
- long poles are currently Places and SafeBrowsing v2
Platform: issues for final ship
- 22 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 1 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 6 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 21
- Blockers created in last seven days: 14
- New issues from Microformats "acid" testcase and discussion
- Primary reason these weren't found before now is that microformats community ebbs and flows
- All these issues now have unit tests
- Need review/approval
- bug 427456 - Rename frame recursion option to indicate external frames
- bug 429181 - Properly handle headers/include nesting
- bug 430540 - floated divs are considered hidden even though they aren't
- bug 430672 - collapse and trim whitespace with final value from value pattern
- bug 430691 - ignore type property when inferring value of "tel"
- General QA
- Completed the RC1 Test Plan.
- Daily Tiger Team testing [marcia, others]
- 25 new litmus testcases added last week [tchung, marcia, stephend, others..]
- Explored further into bookmark tests. Discovered bug 430862. Almost have final patch for remaining tests ready. [ctalbert]
- Verified 21 p1/p2 blocking bugs. [tracy]
- DnD, CnP and move test cases could total nearly 1000 test cases if composed for each possible path. Worked out a matrix that should cut that total down to 40-50 test cases for entry into Litmus. [tracy]
- Protocol Handling: The new MAILTO RFC compliance test is being used in bug 426260. [ctalbert]
- Printing Testing: Reviewed some of the printing bugs and crafted some Litmus test cases to give us better coverage in this area. [marcia]
- Mac theme testing: After landing this week, tested the toolbar area carefully and checked for possible regressions. [marcia]
- l10n in-product page Test Plan. Test work begins today. [stephend]
- Testday this week on Places. QMO is currently down due to bug 431137, but you can forward this link. Please join #testday on friday from 7am - 5pm PDT to assist with questions or testcases.
- Notable Bugs this week
- bug 430573 – lolcats website makes firefox use 1GB+ of RAM. Status: New, requested Blocking for rc1. Serious performance hit
- bug 429442 – crashes [@ nsJSIID::HasInstance][@ XPCNativeSet::FindInterfaceWithIID]. Status: New, requested Blocking for rc1. Topcrash.
- bug 431231 – Unable to save RSS feed to anything but the bookmarks toolbar (UI missing?) Status: Assigned, blocking+ [REGRESSION]
- bug 426275 – crash on clear private data (history) [@ nsNavHistoryExpire::ClearHistory]. Status: Assigned to Places, blocking+
- Notable Bugs Verified
- 156 fixed bugs Verified in last two weeks
- bug 426499 – [10.5] Crash opening Help menu [@ DrawTheMenu(MenuSelectData*, __CFArray**, unsigned char, unsigned char*)]. Status: Verified.
- bug 428606 – New version of JEP (0.9.6.4), please land on trunk and branch. Status: Verified.
- bug 431154 – Crash when tab is closed with Ctrl+W. Status: Verified.
- Resolved FIXED bugs to date:
- Leak Testing Update [tomcat]
- Accessibility Testing Update [marcoz]
- Topcrash Update [ss]
- Same as last week's status. This bug is a recent regression, but we also need more analysis after RC1 is released. Assigned to bent:
- Already tested FF2->FF3 major updates, and FF2-> partner build major updates, to make sure it works: bug 394046 and bug 413454
- will issue update to Fx2 users who are on the beta channel first
- offering major update to beta users is how we beta-tested the major update process for FF1.5->FF2 major update
- should be a bit more aggressive in the 2.0.0.x beta channel firstrun pages to let people know this is coming
- will decide after we release if we want to do major update for Fx2 -> 3.0 or if we're going to wait for 3.0.1
- partner builds will definitely be waiting for 3.0.1