- Nominations and Approval Requests Deadline: Monday, April 24th
- Code Freeze (Checkin Deadline): Monday, May 1st -> Thursday, May 4th
- First Candidates Available: Friday, May 5th
- Tentative Ship Date: Tuesday May 23rd
- Bug Verifications: Monday, April 3rd - Monday, May 15th
- BFTs: Friday, May 5th - Tuesday, May 9th (Firefox & Thunderbird)
- Release Candidate: Tuesday May 9th - Monday May 15th (Firefox & Thunderbird)
- Update Testing: Monday, May 15th - Wednesday, May 17th
- l10n Testing: Friday, May 12th - Friday, May 19th
- Candidate Builds: TBD
- l10n Packaging: TBD
- Update Patches: TBD
- Release Tagging: TBD
- Release Signing: TBD
General Info & Status
Firefox 188.8.131.52 Test Plan <-- MoCo QA tasks and results are here.
- includes the General Firefox 1.5.0.x Test Plan
In order to get more coverage on fixes going in for Firefox 184.108.40.206, we need the community to help test the latest "-mozilla1.8.0" branch builds while looking at the current list of fixed220.127.116.11 bugs (excluding XForms bugs). Here are a few ways to help:
- Universal Binary testing on MacOS X
- As we transition to shipping UB builds to Mac users, we need the community to help test these latest builds to make sure Firefox works across a number of configurations.
- Due to a number of Thunderbird profile related issues with using PPC created profiles with UB builds, we need more Thunderbird users testing that scenerio. For more info see Bug 331511
- BFTs & Regression Testing: Running through a set of BFTs on Litmus is the best way to test basic functionality and explore various areas for regressions.
- Extensions & Themes Testing: Install and use some of your favorite extensions and themes. Try a few new ones from addons.mozilla.org to make sure everything works as expected.
As builds become available for various locales, we need localizers to run them through their usual smoketests/BFTs. Once tested and verified, they can sign off on the build for their locale in the table below.
In order for this to work, we need localizers signed up for this work ASAP. Given the schedule and the dates we currently have for various stages of the release cycle, I hope most of them can make time to do this for 18.104.22.168.
Note: [04/19/06] The announcement on how to do l10n changes for 22.214.171.124 went out, see google groups.
Links to official list of released locals:
Locales that have issues on the Mac
- We shipped pa-IN in 126.96.36.199 with known font issues on the Mac. gu-IN has the same issues, but was never shipped on the Mac. Need to resolve this issue.
- We do not have a way of resolving the font issue on Mac for gu-IN and pa-IN. Until we do, we cannot test these and therefore will not release them on Mac for either Firefox or Thunderbird.
These are locales that changed for 188.8.131.52. They need locale owner signoff and and extra check by Mozilla QA.
- Locales needing sign-off
|fr||browser||filip||PASS|| Linux (juanb, filip)
|fr||filip for jerome||PASS||Windows (tracy) linux filip|
Linux (juanb) Linux (dalco) Windows (juanb - As already noticed in previous tests, the page that first loads when you first start Firefox with a new profile is in English http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated)
|it||Roberto (via mail)||PASS|| Linux (juanb)
Windows (Show "184.108.40.206 (20060504)" - This has been corrected in rc3: "versione 220.127.116.11 (20060516)")
|nb-NO||browser||hmork||PASS|| Windows Linux
|ru||Unghost||PASS|| Windows (tracy) Windows (Unghost)
- ja-JP-mac (mac primarily)