- Nominations and Approval Requests Deadline: Wednesday, June 14
- Code Freeze (Checkin Deadline): Friday, June 23 11:59 pm Pacific Time
- First Candidates Available: Monday, June 26
- Tentative Ship Dates: July 25 (Firefox), July 27 (Thunderbird)
- Bug Verifications: June 12 - July 18
- Smoketests June 26
- BFTs: June 26 - June 27 (Firefox), June 28 - June 30 (Thunderbird)
- Post to the QA blog for Community Testing - June 23
- RC1/Community Testing and Test Day (no active QA team participation): June 26 - June 30
- Focus/Exploratory Testing: July 5 - 7
- l10n + Update Testing: July 10 - 12 (Firefox), July 12 - 14 (Thunderbird)
- Candidate Builds: June 26
- Release Tagging: June 26 for RC1 (and any other RCs)
- l10n Packaging: June 26 - 27
- Update Patches/CJK Repackaging: July 5 - 7
- Notify Partners and Distributors of final RC: July 7 (Basil/Dveditz)
- Prep Security Notes and Notify Security Group: July 10 (Dveditz)
- Release Signing: July 12 - 19 (FF and TB)
- Release Prep and Ship: July 25 - 27 (FF and TB)
General Info & Status
- Tinderbox Page - For latest build status, bug queries, and checkins.
- Release Update - 20060505 (Marcia - This is something I created for 220.127.116.11 to provide more details about the schedule and our tasks. I'm not sure if you guys used it at all, so you might want to ask the team and do something similar if it will help)
Firefox 18.104.22.168 Test Plan <-- MoCo QA tasks and results are here.
- includes the General Firefox 1.5.0.x Test Plan
In order to get more coverage on fixes going in for Firefox 22.214.171.124, we need the community to help test the latest RC candidates or nightly "-firefox126.96.36.199" branch builds while looking at the current list of fixed188.8.131.52 bugs (excluding XForms bugs). Here are a few ways to help:
- Universal Binary testing on MacOS X
- As we transition to shipping UB builds to Mac users, we need the community to help test these latest builds to make sure Firefox AND Thunderbird works across a number of configurations on both PPC and IntelMac machines.
- BFTs & Regression Testing: Running through a set of BFTs on Litmus is the best way to test basic functionality and explore various areas for regressions.
- Extensions & Themes Testing: Install and use some of your favorite extensions and themes. Try a few new ones from addons.mozilla.org to make sure everything works as expected.
As builds become available for various locales, we need localizers to run them through their usual smoketests/BFTs. Once tested and verified, they can sign off on the build for their locale in the table below.
In order for this to work, we need localizers signed up for this work ASAP. Given the schedule and the dates we currently have for various stages of the release cycle, I hope most of them can make time to do this for 184.108.40.206.
Links to official list of released locals:
Locales that have issues
- We do not have a way of resolving the font issue on Mac for gu-IN and pa-IN. Until we do, we cannot test these and therefore will not release them on Mac for either Firefox or Thunderbird.
These are locales that changed for 220.127.116.11. They need locale owner signoff and extra check by Mozilla QA.
|fy-NL||browser||Wim||PASS|| Windows Smoke, FFT's and l10n.
Linux Smoke, BFT's and l10n.
- Thunderbird ga-IE
- signed off and ready to go
- Firefox fy-NL
- trademarks bug landed, waiting for builds and verification
- ja-JP-mac (mac primarily)