General Firefox 18.104.22.168 Test Plan
This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Description of Release
Specific Test Plan for this Release
We need to check OS integration across platforms, even though the security problem was associated with IE and Firefox (http://www.xs-sniper.com/sniperscope/IE-Pwns-Firefox.html). We need to check file handling, launching Fx from other apps, and command line launching from MacOSx and Linux.
There are several test cases we could use from these two sources in addition to the specific examples already mentioned in the web page above:
In addition we should check this with Thunderbird in mind. The same fix was applied to it. To test use something like this:
- Note: Using this Command will cause the "Error: [Exception... "'Abort' when calling method: [nsICommandLineValidator::validate]" nsresult: "0x80004004 (NS_ERROR_ABORT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]" Error Message in the Thunderbird Error Console"
You can test the shortcuts like the one above and the ones mentioned in the web page on top by running them from the start menu as well, while Fx is open and when it is closed.
marcia's suggestion for things to cover during testing
- Running FF from every possible location (command line, launching from Thunderbird and other applications, command line, etc)
- Running FF from the installer while IE is running and while IE is not running
- Setting FF as the default from the app and from the Default Programs on Vista
- Changing default protocol settings. Reset IE as the default protocol for .htm, .html, .shtml, .xht and .xhtml.
- Ongoing: Bug Verifications
- First Candidates Available: 7/17 (Mon/Tue)
- Final release scheduled 7/31 (Tue)
|Firefox 22.214.171.124||Tracy PASS (run daily)|
|Firefox 126.96.36.199||Team Pass||Tomcat/Abillings Pass|
|Firefox 188.8.131.52||Team PASS||Tomcat N/A'|
|Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (RC1)||Team PASS||Tomcat/stephend: PASS|
- Smoketests and BFTs
- l10n related testing
- Updates Testing
- OS Integration Testing
- Addon Test Results
- Vista Focused Testing (deprecated)
- Vista Updates Testing (deprecated - included in software updates)
- Distro Test Results
- Security Regression tests
- Top Sites (See FFT)
- Key extensions
- Gross memory usage
When you verify the bug is fixed:
- If you test on Trunk, resolve it as VERIFIED FIXED
- If you test on 1.8.1.x branch, replace the fixed220.127.116.11 keyword with verified18.104.22.168
- If you don't see an easy way to verify or need further clarification add a comment to the bug or add "[needs testcase]" (without quotes) to the bug's Status Whiteboard.
Target Bugs to Verify
Firedrill bug. This was verified with Fx2005rc2 and Tb2005rc1.