- 1 Public meeting note of Aug 20th, 2013
- 1.1 Gaia for Tablet
- 1.2 3rd-party keyboards framework
- 1.3 Simplified Chinese IME
- 1.4 Gaia build script
- 1.5 Window management upgrade
- 1.6 Gaia for qHD/WVGA
- 1.7 CDMA phone support
- 1.8 BT feature support
- 1.9 Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- 1.10 TSOC mentorship: test coverage
- 1.11 ext. functional team update: media
- 1.12 ext. functional team update: comms
- 1.13 ext. functional team update: productivity
Public meeting note of Aug 20th, 2013
These are the features mainly driven by the Taipei teams, in co-optations with other teams in Taipei and around the world. We are not meant to take all the credit :)
Gaia for Tablet
Evelyn, George, Greg, Fred
- We are targeting the lowest risk approach and work with phone v1.2. So v1.2 Gaia will be adaptable to two form factors. We will only fix cases where the UI is broken.
- Here are a rough estimate for each apps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsI6YPMx4DnkdF9zelVBMHhpcTAyMzRLMmZjSVJETmc#gid=2
- Estimation is based on Firefox nightly browser, will update if it look different on master.
3rd-party keyboards framework
Evelyn, Gary, Xulei, Rudy, Arthur
- Keyboard API / Keyboard manager / Keyboard app is integrated and almost ready to land.
- Gecko: working on OOP issue this week. Two bugs to be fixed (patch available).
- API: Next: Inline composition
- Keyboard manager: Discussed w/ UX, selection menu performance is acceptable, but should be improved.
- To do: First-run enabled keyboard layout.
- Settings: UX confirmed, working on it this week.
Simplified Chinese IME
This is a v1.2 feature.
- UI WIP, ETA in days. UX spec ready.
- Pin is working on user-dictionary.
Gaia build script
This is a v1.2 nice-to-have. meta bug and dependency
- See the plan.
- Progress: bug filed. WIP: using
- Discussion w/ jlal on merging his work or converting the current build script from scratch.
Window management upgrade
Meta bug. This is a v1.2 nice-to-have.
- Last week: moved some modules
- Next week: moved more modules
- no API changes (yet)
Gaia for qHD/WVGA
WVGA support is a v1.1 feature.
- qHD is officially an v1.2 nice-to-have, not a must-have.
- Other teams has been working on final polish. Shouldn't be more to come.
CDMA phone support
- non-Settings app items will be moved to Comms function team and Steve and Rex will help out.
- Settings: working on WAP push, voice privacy.
BT feature support
- File transfer, feasibility study
- Waiting for UX input to know what to do.
- two level inline activity; inline activity for Settings app.
Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- Working on Bluetooth/Wifi unit test
TSOC mentorship: test coverage
- Maybe patch the parser or blacklist it?
- WIP screenshot! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=825913#c32
ext. functional team update: media
- Working on Music v1.2 must-have features
- Dominic is working on Bluetooth AVRCP 1.0/1.3 controls
- John: Device storage API change migration
ext. functional team update: comms
- Comms will be helping out CDMA issues for RIL team for non-Settings app issues.
- Peer changes!
- Steve is working on sorting require features with the partners, e.g. MMS delivery report. (bug 905562)
- still working on leo+ issues :-/
- Rex was working on small features, and solved some leo+ bugs.
ext. functional team update: productivity
- Background e-mail sync is not completed yet
- Notification grouping
- Evan is working on E-mail composing inline activities
- Ian reviewed some Clock app patch, finally clean up his review queue.