Grow/Meeting 06 28 12
Note: The video and audio dial-in information has changed from previous meetings.
- Meeting time: Thursday, June 28 at 10 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Room: Get to da Choppa in Mountain View 3rd floor
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-06-28-12
- http://arewegrowingyet.com is now open -- a dashboard of all contribution inquires coming from Get Involved page
- Spotlighting local Mozilla communities
- Vineel's video from 2010 Summit has gotten a refresh and has been added to our YouTube channel
- Gen creating a new background for the Indonesian Firefox download page bug 766851) using photos of Indonesian community members (see mockup)
- Other ideas?
- Brazil community update
- Coordinating community outreach and building.
- Creating community building case studies
- Drafted a list of potential case studies at https://yummy.etherpad.mozilla.org/community-building-case-studies
- Which of these seem most important? Is there anything missing?
- Josh Matthews What Can I Do For Mozilla? tool
- Update on localizing the Get Involved page (bug 743746)
- Pilot pages on dev
- Basic workflow of EN and non-EN versions of page
Other items if there's time
- Michelle's experience with support inquiries from Get Involved page
- Update on the Favorite Add-ons contest (Amy Tsay)
- Report back: Creating a contributor strategy for MozSpaces
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Question: How do you help people who just want to be assigned a task?
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How can we get contributors involved in our web projects?
- Question: How do you not lose track of people just starting to get involved?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...