Grow/Meeting 10 30 14
- Time: Thursday, October 30 at 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC
- Video: CBT vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 98645#. Use *1 to mute yourself when necessary.
- Room: Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco 3rd floor and Alien Nation in Mt. View 2nd floor
- Backchannel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-10-30-14
- Introductions from new people
- Reminder: Submit for use in the contributor newsletter to Jennie: jhalperin at mozilla dot com
- Working Group lightning updates (Jennie)
- Contributor survey now live! (David)
- Please complete the survey and share the link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1852460/Mozilla-Community-Survey
- Tiles Community Involvement (Jennie)
- Submissions wanted!
- MozFest recap (Anyone who was at MozFest)
- Community building track debrief
- Mitchell's keynote (starts at 26 minutes in). Her big question: What does radical participation look like today?
- Mentorship program relaunch (Renee/Yvan)
- Description: This session will be a three part workshop to provide people with insight into the skills needed to be a mentor, past experiences from those who have been mentors, and a hands-on tutorial for those who would like to use the mentorship program to offer more structure with their volunteers.
- badges.mozilla.org update (David)
- Planning for Portland (David)
- Everyone is welcome to join all day Thursday and first half of Friday
- Focus of that work is creating a roadmap for supporting both functional and regional communities
- Last year's focus was on growth, what should we shift our focus to? Retention, capacity and development?
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (Dino Anderson, SF)
- Changes to CPG Policy
- Update on D&I Strategy.
- Ways to measure "inclusion" and "diversity", and helpful benchmarks.
- Question: If you would focus on one diversity and inclusion initiative, what would it be?
- --New Topic-- (Presenter)
- Estimated length:
- Relevant links: