Please use "Edit with form" above to edit this page.
|Release target||Beta in Q4|
|Product manager||Dan Mills|
|Directly Responsible Individual||`|
|Lead engineer||Shane Tomlinson|
|Security lead||Yvan Boily|
|Privacy lead||Sid Stamm|
|QA lead||James Bonacci|
|UX lead||Alex Faaborg|
|Product marketing lead||`|
|Additional members||Ben Adida, Lloyd Hilaiel, Dietrich Ayala, Myk Melez|
- GitHub Issues - GitHub Issues
- Jetpack based addon bundled with Firefox has not been done before.
- Jetpack based addons may cause performance penalty.
- End to end security review needs done on site, addon, and Jetpack.
- l10n needs to happen on on both the site and addon.
- Content in URL bar being driven by content instead of the user or browser.
- Need to address accessibility concerns
Stage 1: Definition
1. Feature overview
The BrowserID addon is a Jetpack based addon that will be bundled with Firefox to provide an in-browser experience for using BrowserID as well as showing user's authentication status in the browser URL bar for sites that support the Sessions API Sessions API
2. Users & use cases
All Firefox users who use BrowserID. This addon provides an in-browser experience for using BrowserID, making phishing and spoofing of the BrowserID site much more difficult.
- Jetpack Addon-SDK Jetpack SDK - List of Jetpack Dependencies
- BrowserID BrowserID
Stage 2: Design
5. Functional specification
6. User experience design
Faaborg's Mockups Faaborg's Account Sign In mocks
Stage 3: Planning
7. Implementation plan
Quality Assurance review
Stage 4: Development
Stage 5: Release
10. Landing criteria
|Theme / Goal||`|
Team status notes
|Products||Signing into the browser concept needs revisited to ensure it matches user expectations.||`|
|Engineering||Lots of work to be done yet.||An alpha version is available on GitHub at Alpha XPI.
|Localization||l10n ideas have been talked about but nothing concrete.||`|
|Accessibility||Need to make Sign Into the Browser and BrowserID portions accessible||Should get Marco and David involved.|
|Quality assurance||`||We need to start a QA and test plan.|