- 1 AGENDA
- 2 Meeting Notes
- 3 Team Status
- 4 Libraries
- 5 UX
- 6 Business Development
- 7 Product Marketing
- 8 Docs & Engagement
- 9 Product
- 10 QA
- 11 Blog Schedule
- 12 PTO/OOO (kept in the Identity calendar for everyone's reference)
- Summit reminders:
- Print Immigration Letter (if you are traveling to a country other than your home country)
- Safe travels everyone!
- Proposal: "5 minutes about 2015"
- [Fr] Questions people may ask you: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Spread_Persona/Common_Questions
- UX (bi?)weekly status format
- Due to Summit - there will not be a staff meeting next week, 7 Oct. We'll re-group on Monday, 14 October
- Have you signed up for note taking?
- Monday meeting:
- etherpad: https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/weekly-moco-updates
- Content deadline: 5 pm PDT every Thursday
- Status report archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Department_Status
- Everyone download What's App (free text messaging for travel abroad in Europe).
- Bonus points for porting WhatsApp to FxOS before Wed
- Don't forget your Passport (trust me) + consular letter
- Elevator pitch for Persona (rough mix):
- "The ease of Facebook Connect without the suckiness of Facebook's privacy mess." -seanmonstar
- "we want to get rid of passwords while still allowing users to choose who they trust" -francois
- "I'm getting us the heck out of beta so we can get back tot eh business of building a Javacsript-less version of the service." -kthiessen
- Francois: chipmunk?
- UX: we're going to do an update email
- Include our links to other UX people on related teams
- Relying parties of Persona: Marketplace, Firefox OS, Firefox Desktop (madhava), Firefox Android (ibarlow), SUMO (will bamberg), Webmaker (k88hudson)
- Session state management issues increasingly bubbling up. we are stripping out watch API and providing a minimal plat around .get.
- V1 of spec won't include session management.
- Goldilocks API thread, figuring out which path to take wrt API backward compatability
- Lloyd: "greased up" + "in cage"
- English: deficient wrt cat pronouns
- spenrose: structural ways to avoid to focus on last minute/firedrill-style problems.
- can we have five minutes about long-term time horizon? Product vision?
- Help maintain contextual ties btwn devs/ between where we are and where we're going.
- make long term goals explicit, socialized etc.
- Callahad: let's harness summit-energy to get the ball rolling for high-level conversation about sign-in.
Signin to the Web
Profile in the Cloud (PiCL)
- All UX talks, mocks, etc for Identity has a home and has been recently updated with the latest flows for FxOS, Fx Android and Fx Desktop.
Docs & Engagement
- [Fr] invited to write a Persona tutorial for the Web & PHP magazine (http://webandphp.com/ )
- [Fr] gave a talk at JSFoo: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.dev.identity/HZyK-egKHFg/discussion
- [Fr] proposed a "Persona feedback" open session for the Toronto Summit
- jbonacci: Straightforward QA-style wrap-up for end of Q3
- We are working on launching a new blog series. Stay tuned for more information soon
PTO/OOO (kept in the Identity calendar for everyone's reference)
- Crystal: 30 Sep - 1 Oct : PTO
- Zach: 1 - 2 Oct : PTO
- Gene: 1 - 3 Oct : AFK
- Brian: 2 Oct - OOO fly to Brussels for summit
- JedP: 7 - 15 Oct - PTO post summit
- Ozten: 7 - 15 Oct : PTO
- Francois: 9-14 Oct PTO
- John G: 11 Oct : PTO
- Brian: 7-16 Oct : PTO
- Shane: 28 Oct - 1 Nov : PTO
- Brian: 8 - 11 Nov : OOO conference