- 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern
- 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
- (notetaker: sethb)
Sethb, Axel, Pascal, WilC, Chofmann, Timr, Coop, Joduinn
Build and release update
- An update to the changes in the l10n build and release process by Joduinn
- Consolidate to a pool of machines that will be doing en-US and l10n builds
- Will take "old" nightlies offline tonight (10/08/08)
- Repacks can be pushed to entire set of machines; time of repacks goes down; * Eventually take old way completely offline
- Will repeat the process on Mozilla-central
Question from Timr: Armen was working on something to hand over to Minotaur. Status? Answer: Joduinn doesn't believe they did any additional functionality, but doesn't mean they can't.
Question from Joduinn: Production of l10n nightlies new and old way, any problems that make it look like we should stop where we are? Answer: Nothing really. Just a bit of delayed uptake on new info.
Firefox 3.1 / Axel
- Firefox 3.1, everything is pretty much where it was...
- L10n dashboard now runs builds for all 4 to 5 apps (FF 3.0, 3.1, Seamonkey, TB 3.0, Calendar)
- Proposal for very simple homepages for locales
- Use all.html as an inventory page
- Verbatim Alpha post
- Pootle 1.2 release was last night
- Will merge Mozilla specific changes into trunk of Pootle, which means we will contribute a bunch of code back to Pootle
- How do we take next steps on multi-lingual QA?
- Do a survey to see if this is a specific
- Help with platform testing, rtl, other stuff?
- Need to come up pretty soon; need to create a test plan for specified locales
- Target should be for beta 2
- Who can test, what types of testing? Most importantly, what are the specific things to test and how do we test that?
- Let's not overload localizers; try to separate between i18n and l10n
- No updates. Still on track for 5 languages released in beta for next stability release of Firefox 3.0.4
- Did not find any of Vietnamese online for the meeting, still trying to hunt them down
- contribute.mozilla.org is alive, and we're setting up a call with
David Boswell to prepare the official launch
- Mozilla Community Sites is waiting for the new template.
- possibility of setting up subdomains in XX.communities.mozilla.org or something like that fast and easy. Same goes with hosting. How can we go from "I want to start a website" to "here's your url, login, pass"
- Silme is progressing very fast now. Gandalf has a tracking bug for some stable release (0.5?) - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458441 - 6 of the dependencies are being in works right now.
- No update