From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern
  • 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
  • (notetaker: sethb)


Sethb, Axel, Pascal, WilC, Chofmann, Timr, Coop, Joduinn

Meeting Notes

Build and release update

  • An update to the changes in the l10n build and release process by Joduinn
  • Consolidate to a pool of machines that will be doing en-US and l10n builds
  • Will take "old" nightlies offline tonight (10/08/08)
  • Repacks can be pushed to entire set of machines; time of repacks goes down; * Eventually take old way completely offline
  • Will repeat the process on Mozilla-central

Question from Timr: Armen was working on something to hand over to Minotaur. Status? Answer: Joduinn doesn't believe they did any additional functionality, but doesn't mean they can't.

Question from Joduinn: Production of l10n nightlies new and old way, any problems that make it look like we should stop where we are? Answer: Nothing really. Just a bit of delayed uptake on new info.

Firefox 3.1 / Axel

  • Firefox 3.1, everything is pretty much where it was...
  • L10n dashboard now runs builds for all 4 to 5 apps (FF 3.0, 3.1, Seamonkey, TB 3.0, Calendar)


  • Proposal for very simple homepages for locales
  • Use all.html as an inventory page


  • Verbatim Alpha post
  • Pootle 1.2 release was last night
  • Will merge Mozilla specific changes into trunk of Pootle, which means we will contribute a bunch of code back to Pootle


  • How do we take next steps on multi-lingual QA?
  • Do a survey to see if this is a specific
    • Help with platform testing, rtl, other stuff?
    • Need to come up pretty soon; need to create a test plan for specified locales
    • Target should be for beta 2
    • Who can test, what types of testing? Most importantly, what are the specific things to test and how do we test that?
    • Let's not overload localizers; try to separate between i18n and l10n

Web services/Stas

  • No updates. Still on track for 5 languages released in beta for next stability release of Firefox 3.0.4


  • Did not find any of Vietnamese online for the meeting, still trying to hunt them down
  • contribute.mozilla.org is alive, and we're setting up a call with

David Boswell to prepare the official launch

  • Mozilla Community Sites is waiting for the new template.
  • possibility of setting up subdomains in XX.communities.mozilla.org or something like that fast and easy. Same goes with hosting. How can we go from "I want to start a website" to "here's your url, login, pass"
  • Silme is progressing very fast now. Gandalf has a tracking bug for some stable release (0.5?) - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458441 - 6 of the dependencies are being in works right now.


  • No update