- 9:00 AM Mountain View Time (UTC -7)
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back channel
- (notetaker: sethb)
axel, sethb, gandalf, timr, clouserw, stas, pascalc
Firefox / Fennec updates
- Do language packs we use violate the MPL?
- Fundamental problem: there are files in our language pack that we consider to be under MPL but they don't have a license header.
- Firefox making progress, many locales going green, opt-in thread is open
- Dashboard: a few bugs still there, but we can use it locally to Axel for sign-off
- 17 locales with over 100 untranslated strings
- multi-locale code now works. match-os works, but still many bugs.
- l10n-merge works for fennec
- Axel working on getting single locale debs up and running
- optimistic that it might not be as tricky as it sounds
- FxFy has started, Stas has taken ladled on the technical parts/problems of the Five Year site
- Gettext is not registering the locales, but Stas has installed the entire website locally and debugged it
- Lang Detection: taking first accept lang header and going with that, but not supporting languages that are 2 letters long - only "ab-CD", but not "ab"
- Stas pointed people to this problem in the bug, but there are no fixes
- Leave it right now and hope they fix it
- Stas can explain how to do it
- Or Stas can fix it, spending another few hours
- We have 10 complete translations right now; we need
- Snippets for beta 1, Delphine helped there and we got a number of l
- Landing page for Thunderbird under way
- Fennec extra page request
- FR and WN pages were redesigned
- Not much on AMO and we missed code freeze. Aiming for tomorrow, next launch will be Nov 12. Less that 100 strings.
- Swahili issue
- No update, some updates on Fennec search bugs
- Moving into production
- Would like to do more
- Sign-off App: call with IT about moving the Django site to production
- IT Team is going to cover a lot of this
- Opening for testing help from Ml-QA for site. Pascal and Tim might work on it.
- Plugin check page will require a lot of QA
- Raymond has a redirect check
- Sethb has been working with Ml-QA to get them files that they can inspect
- Shy Avni from Ml-QA sent a quote to do testing on all locales
- We will probably take the next step to 15 locales
- If there is a delta in the DTD files and how does that transfer to a change in dialogues
- Target largest markets with smallest teams