- 13:00 Central European Time (UTC +2)
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back channel
- Firefox 4 beta outreach and feedback process, is there a coordination between the two groups?
- Gandalf's answer is that it is somewhat random, but he will outreach to them
- Branching discussion is still on
- Should we do l10n-merge with all builds, regardless of what are the most user-facing features
- We are placing locale forums on certain web pages to bring new contributors
- Pascal is really leading this
- QA might need to start thinking from scratch on what we might need to test for L10n
- Should we advise that we test the most user-facing features and create a test plan that is not just a set of functionality test in Litmus
- To-do app is on the goal list, Pike asks why? Stas to provide an email with all the dependencies necessary
- Firefox Home
- Looking at the l10n now and possibly hooking it up to Verbatim
Time of meeting 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Drop buildbotcustom, rewrite of l10n scheduler logic bug 578689
- Firefox 4 Beta 2 with 23 locales
- Bugzilla L10n Components tests locally, extension creates aliases and products, components next
Talking points: Firefox 4 Beta, QA; Goals
- back in Europe
- working on de-beta of Malayalam and Oriya
- p12n (l10n-src-verification) branching to 2.0
- more todo app hacking/planning, got some questions about the high-level integration with the rest of the dashboard, will phrase them in an email today/tomorrow
I'll be dialing in from my mobile, hope it works.
- Removed browser.dtd & friends from Firefox after replacing it with L20n equivalents
- Updated dtd->l20n patch to tip
- Added l20n binding to xbl content sink
- Deployed Tx with Jetpack L10n locally
- Work with Dimitris and Fim on the Jetpack L10n webservice
- Pontoon 0.2 discussions and planning
- MCS refresh (HTML5, Wordpress 3.0, Mozilla.org theme variant) process initialized
- Jetpack common-pool project coordination with Dimitris, Gandalf, Myk
- Next steps discussion
- Finalized paperwork to process payment
- Summit follow up with many volunteers pinging for presentations, links to demos, needs for swag, ideas, etc.
- Worked on beginning plan of Firefox Home localization with Mozilla developer Dan Walkowski and Ragavan
- Drafted outreach email after meeting with Axel and Beltzner last Wednesday
- 1-on-1 meetings with l10n team members
- Personal: Visiting other possible workspaces in London including The Hub Islington and "The TechHub"
Talking points: Firefox Home Localization
- Firefox 3.6.7/3.5.11 release
- worked on firstrun/download pages for Firefox 4 beta 2, mostly done for locales with a beta 2 release
- improved subtitlling support to the firstrun video (like moving subtitles when there is text below to read)
- fx4beta: now working on feedback page and survey
- started working on August snippets
- more cleanup on mozilla.com, updated almost all old pages to the latest templates (preparatory cleanup work for a major redesign of the site for Fx4). Repo is now down to 1/3 the size it was last month
- put a locale detection class on svn as reference with a demo http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/granary/libs/
- changed minor release publishing of pages, now pages can be put online in advance and a config file only has to be pushed at the release time.