- Time and location: Wednesday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel
« previous meeting — index – next week » create?
Previous Action Items
- Attendees: Arky, Jeff, Axel, Pascal, Delphine, Matjaz, Peiying, stas, gandalf, Chris
- Put your talking points here.
- son and nso channel pages are up
- b2g schedules are confusing
- "translation" needed
- we'll need a string freeze and a l10n-ready date on all of them.
- we also need to be able to publicly talk about those.
- soft-launched (no bugs) translation of the update /new page for all locales on bedrock
- many pending updates pushed to prod
- contribute pages pushes to production by flod
- manifesto page ported to bedrock now tracked on web dashboard
- prelaunch page for FirefoxOS ready
- final launch pages for Firefox OS being worked on, we should get the strings end of the week
- had the template changed to avoid translated strings to be displeyed in English because of a markup change
- months in graph are now shown as translated (client-side)
- pt-PT pushed to prod (flod)
- son locale done, will need a push to prod (to sync with laura)
- v1.0.1 testing and verification for l10n done
- continuing and entirely moving on to testing v1.1 - need to understand how much time I have for this and what to verify (the 3 locales that are in green in gaia dashboard?).
- coordinated in order to add French on geeksphones (Monday build), but geeksphones decided to do it even before Christie told them to so 92 strings missing... update will come soon. French localizer really happy to have French up there as he has been working hard on this
- Marketplace l10n QA: going to coordinate with Krupa as she manages QA for l10n. She can get some contractors to work on this
- Need someone to help out review spreadsheet I made of l10n and l10n QA Status of B2G: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqfkEC1pmwTidDRRUFBwSXdtdHRYVGZiUVdzekhCd0E#gid=0 (it's private, some people have been added but please request access if needed)
Other engagement projects
Tools / L20n
- Waiting for a few features/bug fixes for a new release of Transvision, this release will have the API changes requested by ricardo for Mozilla Translator
- Galician localizer burning out per lack of help from the community, no volunteer to help him maintain the locale and the volume is getting too big for him alone.
- Community builders are testing HR tools for use within the community for organizing community member data and vetting potential contributors. Currently testing Jobvite and Elance. More info to come.