- Time and location: Wednesday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel
« previous meeting — index – next week » create?
Previous Action Items
- Attendees: Jeff, Axel, Peiying, Arky, Chris, Delphine, gandalf, stas, Pascal
- Put your talking points here.
- (Arky/Pike) Impact of Bad Repos bug #847864: We haven't been able to bring any new locales into Aurora in Q1 Q2 due to this bug. Such delays has demoralizing effect on locale teams. How can we resolve and prevent such blocker bugs in future?
Locales effected: Samoan(sm), Xhosa(xh), Uyghur (ug) in Aurora. Burmese(my), Malay(ms) in Aurora/Beta
- New locales on Firefox OS 1.1
(pascal and flod)
- FHR desktop, a few updates for locales that missed the release in May (Urdu, en-GB)
- FHR mobile, dev starting now, talked with laura, not an l10n priority for now as the content is not created yet
- cleared up dynamic fallback problem with jakem and laura, jakem says we should be able to fallback inteligently with Apache only (laura thought we couldn't have anything dynamic server-side because of the CDN). We should get that fallback next quarter I think.
- some work on date formats to be done (gathering date formats for all locales)
(pascal and flod)
- Firefox OS consumer pages for the release are being translated for the locales we will ship first. The screenshots part is going to be tricky.
- Work on activating the ported download pages to bedrock apparently halted until main webdev is back from PTO
- Tabzilla updates coming (promo + links) for Firefox OS
- Get involved page around 25 locales now
[delphine: l10n QA on b2g]
- Focusing on Polish testing for v1.1
Testing started. Going through screens, notifications, internationalization issues, etc
- Next locales on list for testing v1.1: Dutch, German, Czech, and Russian (according to the ones that are mostly finished, from the gaia dashboard)
- Marketplace l10n testing: Krupa can have her testers go through pl and es locales. This will take approx. 10 days
Other engagement projects
- There are new locales, we need them to have a locale field on the www.mozilla.org product in Bugzilla
Tools / L20n
- Transvision 2.6 out