< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2012
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PT (18:00) UTC). It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- Fall virtual sprint was nice: we got new contributors!
- Date for the next sprint is TBD. Maybe a volunteer-led sprint in January or soon after. Otherwise, maybe not until Q2.
- Live samples:
- Teoli: please use them and gives us feedback.
- Teoli: also don't put too complex example in references pages, do a tutorial itself (Using HTML contextual menu for example). In case of doubt choose one and we'll move it if needed :-)
- Revision dashboard (see blog post: http://www.bitstampede.com/2012/12/05/using-the-mdn-revision-dashboard/)
- jms is considering reviving "State of the Docs", now that the revision dashboard is usable.
- Need to look at ways to improve the usability of the revision comments field, to encourage people to use it better. For example: move it closer to the Save buttons; provide a pick list as well as free form entry.
- FredB pointed out changes to the translation UI on this page only: https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/CSS/:nth-child$edit
- Sheppy is going through old doc bugs
- HTML: teoli is changing slightly the page layout of the elements.
- Expecting page moving support Real Soon Now
- wiki.tree() and page.subpages() have landed at last!
- Core MDN team is meeting next month to discuss upcoming plans
- Any ideas for attracting more folks to contribute docs?
- We continue to fall farther and farther behind, despite more and better content being produced
- Upcoming meetings: Dec. 19, Jan. 2. jms will be on PTO both those days, so someone else needs to set up the agenda and announce them.
- Sheppy will handle the Dec. 19 meeting.
- We're skipping the Jan. 2 meeting.
- 2013 Goals for MDN