< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2013
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00) UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- August 30-31, was completed. Blog post still forthcoming (sorry!)
- September sprints as part of the MDN India Tour:
- 18 Sept, Bangalore
- 24 Sept, Pune
- 26 Sept, Manipal
- 28 Sept, Thiruvananthapuram
- Should we continue with monthly sprints?
- Mozilla Summit, October 3-5. There will be MDN staff at all three locations, so if you are attending, please be sure to connect!
- Template updates
- We did a regeneration of all pages last week to ensure that all templates were up-to-date site-wide. This took about 18 hours, so we expect to do it periodically going forward
- Work continues both to modernize and improve template functionality, but also to update the way things look for the MDN redesign
- MDN user/editor docs work continues
- Getting closer to having the new versions done!
- Goes well! But huge amount of work to do
- We probably will need some help with tagging articles in the next 2-3 weeks!
- Info will come on dev-mdc asap!
- You've heard this before, but the Trello system for tracking our work should deploy by next week. There's now some... encouragement... from management to have this done. :)
- dev-mdc is the place to learn about the day to day work and to ask question, get information, give feedback, ...
- For those interested in the impending redesign of MDN, there will be a meeting to discuss the proposed mockups & First Draft of new homepage design on Friday, at 13:00 UTC, in #devmo
- Redesign is now available on the production server, behind an admin setting per-user.
- Still under heavy development, but it's now usable.
- Iterating with the dev team to update and improve things, and stuff not yet implemented at all is coming soon!
- The team is rocking it big time; special kudos to the designers (habber and mart3ll especially) and the dev team (most of the credit here goes to davidwalsh).
- If you'd like to beta-test the redesign, please talk to an MDN admin (sheppy, teoli, jms, wbamberg, or chrismills) or to one of the MDN developers (especially groovecoder or davidwalsh).