Infrastructure shared by Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, and some SeaMonkey-specific code as well (the latter being migrated to suite/ over time).
- addrbook: Address Book
- base: Core configuration
- base/build: Build directory for libmsgbase.so (shared mail builds)
- base/ispdata: ISP autoconfiguration files
- base/prefs: Public preferences UI (account manager, account wizard, what else?)
- base/public: IDL files and public files for common components, mostly account manager and DB view
- base/resources: Base mailnews UI, either SeaMonkey-specific or applicable to both
- base/search: Filter and search code
- base/src: The source files for base code; mostly account manager-related stuff and the C++ portions of the UI.
- base/test: Tests code for base (just base/src or all?)
- base/util: Utility code: generic bases of some interfaces and some classes used across multiple directories.
- compose: email composition widget
- db: The mail file store code
- mime: MIME parsing and handling code; also known as libmime.
- news: The NNTP (news) code of mailnews