- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95346
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95346
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95346
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95346
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95346
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95346
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95346
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Vidyo: WarpCore (not WarpCorePolycom)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Fennec 8 (nightly)
- This is the active development trunk
- Fennec 7 (aurora)
- Fennec 6 (beta)
Next merge date is 2011-08-16
Major Topics for This Week
- Work for Fx8
- Tablet UI
- Implementation is being tweaked to match latest designs
- Plan to land soon with a pref to enable/disable
- Selecting text in web content followup bugs
- Landed more fixes on fx8
- Seems like we should move the existing fx8 fixes to fx7 and will be OK.
- Language picker support for locales on AMO
- Basic webapp support
- Need to "appify" the tab in a similar way to desktop
- Need to support manifest approach bug 609043
- Master Password
- Should be good for landing. Status?
- Security review completed
- waiting for code review form kaie bug 592772
- Tablet UI
- Let's make sure we are working on other bugs and minor features too
- reviewing current and near-future state of text selection handles (madhava)
- tablet designs refining, moving to dev (brian)
- working on
- start page (ian)
- "fennecomb" visual design (ian)
- webapp/shortcut-on-desktop taskflow (madhava)
- if you have bugs that need UX-input/feedback/review - please add the ui-wanted keyword (and/or email madhava)
- bug 669410 Safe Browsing update - (Gian-Carlo)
- OpenGL Update (CLord)
- probably ff9
- Startup Shrink (stover)
- gladium is working on PGO
- stover working on tools
- NDKr5 deployed
- Mike Hommey (glandium) is working on building an NDK with gcc 4.6 and enabling PGO. See blog post and bug 632954.
- Enabled high-quality (bilinear) image scaling on Tegra devices in Nightly (bug 669851). We may want to take this for Aurora (Firefox 7) after getting feedback from Nightly users.
- Some upcoming work may require updating the Android SDK (bug 672661, bug 675901, bug 664149). Filed bug 676275 to update the build machines.
- uptick in checkerboarding
- bug 674830 - l10n releng issue
- Crash Report Aug 03, 2011:
- Crashes per build id Report 2011-08-02
- Explosiveness 2011-08-02
- Socorro 2.1 pushed out Aug 2nd.
- content crashes are now included in the crashes/ADU graphs
- content crashes are being aggregated
- Old data is not being reprocessed.
- Kairo's blog about changes
- Reports will be processed on Mondays from now on.
- DougT secured a tegra and started looking at the libc abort during testing.
- mochitest chunks 5-8 are turned on for most branches
- new weekly meetings to coordinate Mobile/Testing
- Tegras - tests are enabled across all applicable branches.
- Some have no mobile builds or any tests running, so not on those branches.
- Ateam has a list of more tests that can be enabled once green.
- Wait times are still good.
- We have full branch coverage on the tegras; is there anything else to stop us de-prioritizing Maemo? (Also, Ops wants to kill production-mobile-master because it needs to move from ESX to Ganeti.)
- Priorities page is largely out of our hands at this point -- move to public wiki or tracking bug, any pref? Who should own?
- Consolidate monday meeting with this meeting?
- bug 669189 - Market fixed
Issue metrics July 26-Aug 2
5.0 (86 total negative posts on input this week)
- 8.3% of input sad face posts say 'too slow'
- 1% of input sad face posts say 'too hard to use'
6.0 (126 total negative posts on input this week)
- 7.1% of input sad face posts say 'too slow'
- 5.5% of input sad face posts say 'too hard to use'
6.0 (21 total negative review comments on android market this week)
- 43% of android market negative comments say 'too slow'
- 19% of android market negative comments say 'too hard to use'
7.0 (9 total posts on input this week; positive and negative)
- 11% of input sad face posts say 'too slow'
- 22% of input sad face posts say 'too hard to use'
See the full report for raw numbers of posts, SUMO 'I have this problem too votes', new questions asked on SUMO and other themes from input (no flash, crashy, hangs, and can't find bookmarks).