- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-10-13
Topics for This Week
- Q4 Goals
- Metrics for Suggested Sites in Fx34, Ship new Search Activity for Android in Fx35, Establish a GTM plan for Project 105, and Land a set of client-side password improvements in Fx36.
- Q4 Platform goals
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Projjol Banerji fixed bug 1060056 - Rename MainActivity to SearchActivity
- vivek fixed (finally!) bug 1007436 - "Revamp visual design of about:feedback"
- Christian Vielma fixed bug 1064068 - Filtering non input text fields from text selection to prevent errors in log
- Manu Jain fixed bug 1064859 - Telemetry probe to measure whether Fennec is default ASSIST intent handler
- Capella fixed bug 1068489 - Robocop: Provide error message where device screen may be sleeping and bug 1078231 - Enhance Favicon display in RecentTabs list for closed ReaderMode pages
- Dominique Vincent is working on bug 663803 - Provide magnifying glass in areas of clustered links
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
Alan K. (ack)
- (done) CloudSync uplifted to Aurora
- Preparation for Mozilla Festival (mesh networking)
- Media/WebRTC standalone refactoring work
- Fixing test failures with bug 1075644 (Follow-up to initializing Gecko thread sooner)
- Started working on non-Gecko-dependent crash reporter
- Made an add-on that monitors logcat for silent exceptions and show them as toasts
- SafeBrowsing crasher seems to be fixed
- Finished WebRTC sandboxing analysis, looking at our IPC code
- Trying to get WebRTC tests on Android to work again
- Will look at standalone WebRTC stuff
- 1074196 - Nightly/Aurora startup crash spike in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::Contains(unsigned int, bool*)
- 1076841 - getUserMedia Video broken due to delayed init of MediaPlayers
- Started work on bug 1048335 chromecast support for Fennec tab mirroring. Tab mirroring to chromecast is currently broken in nightly. Should have a patch up today.
- Continued investigation of new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.
- Wrap up bug 1048335 chromecast support for Fennec tab mirroring
- Continue investigating new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.
- bug 1022669 - Display does not turn off while playing audio
- bug 1061372 - Crash with any value passed to mozLockOrientation() but portrait-primary and portrait-secondary
- bug 1061373 - When "portrait-secondary" is given to mozLockOrientation(), it acts as if the string was "landscape-primary"
- Looked into bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Working on image compression issue (gh janus-image-worker/2)
- Uplifted (Aurora) bug 1051654 - APKs for previous versions of Nightly and Aurora stick around in Downloads
- Uplifted (Aurora) bug 896735 - App update fails if Download folder doesn't exist
- Investigate/fix bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy: rewrite image worker interface and handling
Continuing to work on suggested sites metrics (bug 1068425). Clocks and stuff.
- Trying to get the guest widget/downloads in final shape for 35.
- Mostly refactoring for bug 1077590 - Make all per-profile db access go through a profile
- Looking at bug 1078796 - Matchstick code no longer works
- bug 1065494 - Put the new tablet UI behind a build flag
- bug 1073474 - Fix resource dependency issues in new tablet UI (affects SDK9-only builds)
- bug 1070029 - Fade last character on labels rather than use "..."
- bug 1073066 - Reader mode menu background color is inconsistent with new toolbar grey
- (In progress) bug 1079629 - Android builds are going to burn when Gecko 35 merges to Beta
- (In progress) bug 1076692 - Tapping on URL bar does not dismiss the tabs tray
- (In progress) bug 1074924 - Tinted status bar visible during full-screen video
- More build system fixes
- More new tablet stuff
- SF MERT safety training!
- Wrapping up Onboarding follow-ups:
- Finish up some contextual hints
- Reading list or addons
- about:addons fixes (check out the updated theme!)
- "Privacy Coach" add-on
- Wrapping up search activity v1
- Next: revisiting reader mode/reading list
- 895745 - Polish: Add-on version moves slightly when it is selectd
- 1041604 - Update search bar when user taps a suggestion in the web view results
- 1058195 - Additional installed themes do not appear in Add-On manager listing after an initial theme or add-on installed
- 1063193 - Performing searches with Wikipedia search engine immediately launches Fennec
- 1064867 - Light-weight theme for 'Firefox Privacy Coach'
- 1064951 - Default FHR pref to 'off' in 'Firefox Privacy Coach' add-on
- 1064954 - Default MozStumbler pref to 'off' in 'Firefox Privacy Coach' add-on
- 1068739 - Record position of search suggestion that was tapped in telemetry
- 1073775 - Yahoo is default search engine, but search preferences say Google is my default
- 1074933 - Autophone - webappstartup Throbber stop regression 2014-09-29
- 1075219 - Update the colors of about pages styled from aboutBase.css
- 1075232 - Record which suggestion of the search screen was tapped in telemetry
- 1076351 - Initialize the search activity default engine pref with the user's default search engine
- 1077407 - Redundant, confusing link in about:apps to Marketplace
- 1079450 - JS error when uninstalling an add-on
- Browser toolbar refresh
- New bike <3
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1071267 - Revise door hanger behavior in new tablet toolbar
- bug 1019127 - Remove updateChildrenEnabledStateForEditing
- bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
- bug 1072464 - Discuss new tablet forward button size
- bug 1075531 - Robocop failures in larch due to changes in toolbar
- bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- bug 1058902 - Implement new tablet browser toolbar editing mode
- Tackled a few 35-tracking bugs (see below). Reviews are in, so landing soon.
- A little continuing work on Project Vancouver.
- Sent out https://etherpad.mozilla.org/service-principles re services push.
- Writing up theoretical underpinnings of remote-clock pings. Apologies to bnicholson.
- RTL meeting with Pike and Jeff.
- Briefly looked into our current RTL state (via Arabic single-locale build). It… functions. More in the next week or so; maybe a v1 bidi Fennec would be easier than we expected?
- Onboarding design walkthrough with Yuan.
- Code: Remote Tabs home panel UI polish tickets landed; messaging deprecated Synced Tabs in tabs tray landed. Split pane tablet view still outstanding.
- Code: Re-landing bug 1065306 because Python and Unicode is a match made in heaven.
- IDEs: met with mhaigh to discuss IntelliJ integration; worked several days on Gradle and IntelliJ integration. It's tricky.
- 899643 - Refresh Remote Tabs list visual style
- 1038354 - Switch to tab toast doesn't work in editing mode
- 1063750 - Message to users that the Remote Tabs tray is now a home panel
- 1065306 - Write search engine metadata from region.properties to res/raw at build time
- 1068051 - Low res drawables for devices used in the synced tabs panel
- 1068365 - Make collapsed Remote Clients look grayed out
- 1068366 - Update "Hidden devices" footer visual style in Remote Tabs home panel
- 1077381 - Android Nightlies failing with "UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-1: ordinal not in range(128)" in generate_browsersearch.py
Done or about to land
- 1058574 - Remove package level access to class variables within the tabs package
- 1063586 - Audit tab related XML files to use new terminology
- Talked with nalexander about IDEs.
- Talked with IDEA about IntelliJ licenses - no AppCode license I'm afraid but I will continue to press them (help us help you etc)
- Got code from Lastpass in relation to integration and need to reply
- Bug 1068209 - Intermittent Linux/Mulet build failures after "collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status" ... since the last fx merge to m-c - help!
- Need to address bug 1055485
- Working with others to plan efforts in: Password Mgmt, Task Continuity and Project 105
- Playing with password generation models
- Last week
- Discussed search on tablet with mobile team
- Synced up with FxOS UX Taiwan about copy + paste interactions. Reached out to schedule a design sync-up for Rocketbar and other concepts
- Gave mobile team a brief presentation of tablet refresh
- Gathered feedback of "Get Started" wireframes from marketing, engineering, and product
- This week
- A MozillaUX blog post for the tablet refresh project
- Hi-fi mockups for "Get Started" and explore a few different visual styles. Start copywriting coordination.
N2R, Privacy Coach
- Met with Arcadio, filling in content on landing page.
- Met with Margaret, working on flow for HTTPS 'feature'.
- Concepts, working on hires wires (current priority)
- bug 1074026 - webapp uninstall broken, Webapps:GetApkVersions throws - prospective fix for review, still needs testing
- bumped permissions for WIFI_STATE for stumbling: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1061991
- need to bug legal for change to opt-in wording:
- Funnel review this week was focused on Privacy related features for November. Have been tacked to the bottom of 33 for timing purposes.
- Further discussion ongoing on scope of Privacy features for November.
- Items in 34/25 missing meta bugs - if you have one, please pass along, or I'll end up creating a duplicate!
- Please ensure you keep all of your blockers up to date in the associated metas!
- Mobile Roadmap
- Introduce Stefan