- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-02-03
Topics for This Week
- Firefox Accounts
- We have a "gut check" decision on Friday to decide whether or not to enable the feature in Nightlies (Desktop and Android). Based on current progress, MFinkle votes "Yes".
- Home Page Integration
- Sprint next week to nail down the various parts of the project. Core foundation patches have landed, with more coming. Prototypes of specific uses cases coming too.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Michael Nares landed a patch for bug 884851 - converting a boolean to an enum. Congrats in particular for his persistence in the face of many many botched builds and mercurial woes.
- Capella fixed bug 947284 - End text-selection handle is not visible when opting to select all text
- Chris Kitching landed the ICO decoder! - bug 748100
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- bug 957694 - Hang/deadlock with Flash on 4.4 on Tegra3
- bug 939276 - [SkiaGL] [Feature] Support multiple Skia DrawTargets backed by a single GLContext
- APZC work
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
<Read Only> (at DashCon)
- Last Week: Got WebRTC components compiling into stand alone binary.
- This Week: Update PeerConnectionImpl API to allow usage outside of FireFox (in progress). Get Standalone app connecting.
- Landed bug 917896 - Replace progress throbber with a progress bar
- Landed bug 949458 - (Nexus 7 2012) - the tabs button is wrongly displayed after open a link in new tab
- Still not fixed: bug 961749
- bug 933422 - Hiding keyboard when showing search suggestions briefly shows background
- Finished up actionbar blocker bugs
- Investigated bug 956075 - Long-pressing at top of page with URL bar hidden triggers URL bar context menu. Have a few more ideas for potential fixes. Will post builds for Blassey/kats.
- Got bug 946344 - Replace GeckoEventResponder with an async callback mechanism green on try
- bug 947073 - Phishing Warning hides "Why is this page blocked" under "ignore warning"
- bug 959230 - paymentFailed/paymentSuccess not available in webpay
- Lots of reviewing synth apks and second-screen.
- bug 953272 Prompt.jsm: setMultiChoiceItems - was backed out, new patch with fix ready for review
- bug 776027 Web Activities - WIP patch in BZ, working with jhugman on making sure that activities are mapped to intents correctly and match the conversion in synthesized APKs.
- bug 960159 Dimmed System UI in Reader mode - working to do the scroll detection in JS and send message to Java
- bug 955886 Title bar visibility with Fullscreen API when dynamic toolbar is disabled
<Read Only> Last week
- bug 959777 - Dynamically build views for third-party panel content from PanelConfig
- bug 960529 - Avoid extra updateDisplayLayout() call in BrowserToolbar.refreshState()
- bug 949216 - Replace BrowserApp.dismissEditingMode() calls with BrowserToolbar.cancelEdit()
- bug 962237 - Fix indentation of toolbar_edit_layout.xml
- bug 959184 - Use enum (EDIT, DISPLAY) instead of boolean to track BrowserToolbar mode
- (In progress) bug 867633 - Consolidate lock icon and forward button animations in toolbar
- (In progress) bug 936470 - Correctly track page action state to set title padding accordingly
- Prepared talk for a local Android meetup: http://www.meetup.com/London-Android-LiveCode/events/159372122/
- Tons of reviews
- Land bug 959777
- bug 952311 - Update home config when new panels are added/removed
- More about:home and toolbar stuff
- More reviews
- bug 959297 - Get description and approx. reading time for reading list items
- bug 889351 - Show excerpts in about:home's Reading List panel
- bug 959290 - Make ContentProvider for Reading List - (working on migrating reading list items from bookmarks)
- bug 942875 - Home Panels settings UI
- bug 942231 - Reordering Panels - trying out drag and drop ideas
- various other Home Panels follow-ups (bug 962651, bug 960725)
- Landed sync promo banner (pref'd off) - bug 958891
- Snippets server work was pushed to production, looking to enable dynamic snippets on Nightly soon
- Home panel stuff
- bug 938824 - Remove reflection from testSearchSuggestions
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 942283 - HomeList RSS addon
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 959652 - BrowserHealthReporter startup perf
- bug 961526 - Research FHR SQLConstraintFailure
- bug 960135 - (Redacted)
- Various UITest regressions
Oh, FxA. Lots of reviews, lots of email.
- FxAccounts all day every day
- bug 923950 appears to be fixed, so we have l10n single locale repacks for beta, aurora, and nightly
- bug 951865 needs trivial fixes, hope to land this week.
- First patch and review for bug 961339 done, hope to land next week. Presenets itself as fresh builds but stale fennec_ids.txt. Should only impact robocop tests. Someone jumping on the hand grenade and killing fennec_ids.txt entirely would be *great*.
- PTO next week
- MV the week after for Web Compatibility work week
- worked on expanding tab streaming interface to meet dmose's needs
- SF Next Week
- Profiling (Startup and Pageload) and filing bugs
- Looking into Memory (https://areweslimyet.com/mobile/) and Disk Space next?
- Second screen core and video discovery patches landed. One more to go!
- FxAccount overhead and metaphor-maker
- In SF next week!
- Progress bar refinements
- Sync / FxAccounts
- Fine tuning a few last Android UX pieces with Ryan and Anthony
- Homepage + 3rd party service work
- Proposing a few sprint ideas for next week:
- Get page templates set up for reading lists, galleries, videos, standard lists
- Get "add new list" flow standing up
- Get a third party auth flow working
- Get a third party quick share flow working
- Get an RSS to display on about:home
- Proposing a few sprint ideas for next week:
- Tablet refresh - mid sprint 1
- Currently assembling some prototypes for testing, based on this: http://swipe.to/3266l
- Thinking about tab streaming
- Device to Display (TV)
- Device to Device (User to user)
- Thinking about some general improvements to our bookmarking experiene
- Ian presented designs to product last week
- Next: Iterate on form auto-fill designs
Tabbed browsing on mobile
- Preliminary research is done.
- Next: Kick-off designs
- Away for TRIBE today & tomorrow (Jan 22 & 23)
- Ian is going to be in SF next week \o/
- automatic updates
- patch on bug 934760 bitrotted and needs updating
- developer testing/debugging
- only one change needed to Fennec
- WIP patch posted to bug 962607 for feedback
- APK Factory service
- development server stood up at dapk.net.
- Fennec updated to point to development server
- Nightly builds will use this server once feature is enabled
- First set of Android x86 tests running on tbpl
- Fx27, Ships Feb 4th
- [ON TRACK] Overhaul of the favicon system bug 914296
- [ON TRACK] Marketplace discoverability - simple UI polish
- [ON TRACK] WebRTC platform support, continued
- [ON TRACK] Remove overscroll and show highlight instead bug 705246 and bug 791475
- [ON TRACK] Memory usage improvements: bug 931843
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: South African English (za-EN), bug 891616
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Thai (th), bug 639845
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Lithuanian (lt), bug 521999
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Slovenian (sl), bug 522008
- Fx28, Ships March 18th
- [AT RISK] bug 768667 - Use the action bar for text selection on ICS+
- [ON TRACK] bug 875750 - Implement <input type="color">: Android widget/color picker
- [ON TRACK] bug 852608 - Add support for OpenSearch. Firefox Mobile supports <link rel="search">
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic snippets support preffed off
- [ON TRACK] Background Thread Hang Reporting bug 932865
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Estonian (et), bug 946204
- Fx29, Ships April 29th
- Need to add second-screen
- Need to add toolbar refactoring
- Need to add progress bar
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic snippets support preffed on
- [ON TRACK] Telemetry probes for Fennec UI elements
- [ON TRACK] Multiple Quickshare Buttons - 2 Quickshare on main menu
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Hindi(hi)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Indonesian (id), bug 521995
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Latvian (lv) , bug 958021
- [ON TRACK] Promo snippet for Sync
- [AT RISK] WebApp experience - APK Synthesis
- [AT RISK] Quickshare Contexts
- [AT RISK] Firefox Accounts with Sync 1.1 integration
- [AT RISK] My List: Manage current lists in settings
- [AT RISK] Shumway Bundled in Browser (disabled), bug 905668
[PROPOSED] Promo snippet for Marketplace
[PROPOSED] Preloaded bookmark for Marketplace
- [PROPOSED] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync bug 958889 (nice to have, shift to 30 if needed)
- Axel's tip of the week: If you have temporary strings, put them directly into strings.xml.in, and expose them in android_strings.dtd once they're ready.
- Kick-off on first Firefox Account drops in Nightly; see bug bombs
- Plea to check-in tests alongside your patches when it may break the web (see broken basic forms, bug 953272)
- Finkle rant