- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2013-05-13
- Next release: 2013-05-14
Major Topics for This Week
- UI Hackathon
- First try of a focused sprint on front-end bugs. This one is focused on UI paper cuts. Current bug list. Starts today and ends on Friday. All are invited to pitch in!
- Home Page Redesign
- We started to land some foundational patches for the about:home redesign (designs and meta bug). This work will continue on Fig and land on mozilla-central when it's ready. More on the plan in this thread.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- Tetsuharu OHZEKI filed and fixed bug 863285 - Cache the result of Ci.nsIMemory.isLowMemoryPlatform()
- Mark Capella fixed bug 800899 - Reader Mode:Toolbar remove button not updated when removing a Reading List entry via Context Menu
- Federico Paolinelli bug 731491 - Extract shared ContentProvider superclass
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Bug 862448 - Fast fencing path busted when preserveDrawingBuffer=true
- Bug 858292 - gfx defects in shumway demos when skia-gl enabled
- Bug 848482 - [SkiaGL] SourceSurface doesn't currently work with SkiaGL
- Bug 848652 - Implement the ArrayBuffer version of AudioContext.createBuffer
- April 16 - April 23
- spent a lot of time getting b2g builds usable and debuggable. got an unagi because emulator is too slow
- built a 64-bit b2g toolchain for mac
- bug 839641 - APZC binding for fennec, need to address review comments
- bug 833964 - crash in APZC on B2G
- working on bug 860162 - fix scrollCompensation calculation in APZC
- working on bug 833795 - scroll jitter (b2g blocker)
- bisected AWSY regressions (bug 862390, 862403) and building tooling to make it easier
- mentoring bugs (bugs 755240, 861205, 708765)
- bug 847898 - disable android beam until a version with permissions bump
- attended infra load discussion
- grabbed build data using gps' tools and analyzing it (see dev.platform posts)
- helping nrc debug 861919
- more work on bug 833795, 860162 (APZC fixes)
- reminder: going on PTO may 2 - may 20
- Working on
- Panda test reliability
- Re-enable more robocop tests
- A site white-list for Shumway
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- bug 858969 - window.scrollTo() cannot ensure compatibility when dynamic toolbar is enabled
- bug 863288 - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.nativeDecodeByteArray(Native Method)
- bug 863490 - Unloading page with embedded YouTube Flash video logs "grabbing the JNIEnv from the wrong thread" errors
- bug 859212 - Change AwesomeBar entry mode for stock gesture keyboard and TouchPal
- bug 862069 - Change AwesomeBar's default input mode from Search mode to URL mode for gesture keyboards
- bug 864521 - Replace Fennec's AndroidKeyEvent::KEYCODE enum with Android's AKEYCODE enum
- bug 861601 - Suppress gcc -Wmultichar warnings from Android's Stagefright header files
- bug 862669 - Fix some warnings in SIPCC Android code
- bug 863804 - Fix some noisy warnings in Android build
- bug 863103 - Add BackgroundService runIntentInService()
- Finish Flash video topcrash investigation and related blocking bugs
- Upstream more Push API work to mozilla-services
- Land 855146 - Add some IME automated tests
- Past week
- Fixed bug 859452 - FN and SHIFT keys not working on Desire Z
- Fixed bug 860158 - Language in search box changes while typing
- Worked on bug 864666 - New: Two characters entered when typing into password field with 'Phone' type keyboard
- Fixed bug 862929 - ANRReporter sometimes cannot find end of the Fennec stack trace
- Worked on bug 863777 - Teach ANR reporter to use the profiler to get a native stack
- Uplifted bug 857413 - ANR: deadlock in IME code when switching to background thread
- Several improvements to ANR dashboard
- Keep working on bug 863777
- File ANR bugs
- Last week:
- Blogged: http://www.morbo.org/2013/04/webrtc-support-on-android.html
- Investigate WebRTC bugs
- [Bug 863290] crash in webrtc::videocapturemodule::DeviceInfoAndroid::NumberOfDevices
- [Bug 859430] Add Bluetooth headset functionality to WebRTC calls
- [Bug 864552] Trying to load https://apprtc.appspot.com on a Galaxy S3 fails to load the camera stream with WebRTC config prefs set
- [Bug 864236] Make multi-MiB allocations in the url-classifier fallible
- [Bug 862883] Enable webrtc mochitest automation for FxAndroid
- [Bug 862808] Local Video is upside down on Android when in portrait mode
- Next week:
- More of the same
- Up for taking:
- Bug 862377 - Doorhanger UI for WebRTC
- Bug 703564 - Find some way to add email or even comments for crashes on Firefox for Android
- Bug 863803 - LayerView not shown after resuming from an OOM kill
- Bug 863095 - Don't refresh AboutHomeContent in onResume()
- Bug 865060 - Clean up threads in AboutHome views
- UI hackathon
- about:home ViewPager
- bug 773535 - Use Tablet style prefs on tablets
- bug 853456 - target=_blank doesn't work with <img> links
- bug 813756 - Payments frontend for Android - waiting for reviews
- Bunch of testing for multi-locale stuff bug 792077
- bug 826325 - Decide where window.open should open content
- bug 729463 - Implement switch-to-tab - still looking at test failures
- Major simplification of browser toolbar layout (bug 858687)
- In preparation for the about:home/awesomescreen merge
- Organizing the UI polishing Hackathon:
- UI polishing Hackathon
- about:home/awesome screen merge
- Finally landed something to kill (all but one of) the fake mouse event hacks used for text selection - bug 667243
- Fixed a crash regression (caused by me) in BrowserApp.onActivityResult - bug 847834
- Don't let the user pin empty sites - bug 857661
- Wrap user-entered pinned site search/URLs in a special URI - bug 858994
- Don't treat pinned sites as bookmarks unless they are bookmarks - bug 860759
- UI hackathon!
- about:home redesign
Note: I won't be able to make this week's meeting, but my status is below. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments!
- bug 836568 landed: Reflow-on-zoom has issues with events being queued up.
- bug 862763: Font inflation checking is showing up way too much (~15%) in profiles (complete, but hasn't landed yet - still in review).
- Still working on bug 836565, but there's a plan to go forward that I hope to have mostly complete by the end of the week.
- bug 864595: Assertion failure in caretPositionFromPoint
- Look into other issues that Margaret is having with caretPositionFromPoint returning an unexpected object for a given set of coordinates.
- bug 861106: Crash in nsDocumentViewer::SetMinFontSize.
- Last week
- In Madrid with B2G
- Found some places where Android and B2G interests overlap
- We'll be taking those pieces
- Worked on apks in apks, GeckoWebView and GPC cell tower data collection
- pushed my first gaia patch (I think)
- Next week
- hopefully get APKs in APKs up for review
- I'll be in MV and SF w/finkle next week
- Working with BD and potential partners
- Lots of meetings
- Will be in MV next week
- Last week
- Lots of multipage about:home goodness
- Overview mockup here: https://bug862793.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=739728, details in the bugs below
- bug 862793 - [meta] Multipage About:home
- bug 862806 - Swipeable panels on about:home
- bug 862813 - Entry points into about:home
- bug 862794 - About:home "visited" panel
- bug 862796 - About:home "bookmarks" panel
- bug 862798 - About:home "save for later" panel
- bug 862799 - About:home "Add-ons" panel
- bug 862801 - About:home Snippet
- bug 862805 - Add support for custom panel add-ons on about:home
- New tab counter hotness (icon and transitions)
- Lots of multipage about:home goodness
- This week
- UI Hackathon!
- Trying to support wherever help is needed. Ping me if you need clarification or mockups or anything!
- Reader enhancements
- bug 86244 - Adjust design of serif view
- bug 750678 - Add a way to navigate through articles without going back to reading list
- Rich preview of article
- Update toolbar menu styling
- Add ways to add things to reading list without entering reader mode
- Related: figure out what to do for articles that Reader mode can't parse
- Sketching out some "quick share" concepts
- Bubbling up a user's most used sharing service, a la Android Gallery
- UI Hackathon!
Martyn -> Mostly working on a couple of small bugs but still very much trying to get to know the code better. Still having massive issues with speed of development as feeling very slow atm. Would love to know progress of project allowing use of Eclipse/IntelliJ against the Fennec code base. It's my birthday on Tuesday and have PTO Friday -> Tuesday.
- getting to grips with patch submit process.
- computer died, wasted time fixing that.
- bug 854940 mostly done - submitted for review
- bug 863052 started to investigate
- bug 854940 feedback comments implemented
- bug 863052 still working on this - new code, so it's going fairly slowly atm.
- [bajaj] bug 760394 - android.database.CursorWindowAllocationException: Cursor window allocation of <n>*2048 kb failed. at android.database.CursorWindow.<init>(CursorWindow.java) on ICS and above
- Reproducible top-crasher
- Latest comment indicates that its #3 top crasher in 21.0b3. Any next steps here ?
- 21 Beta 4 in progress
- working on a large libstagefright test