- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Fx25 has been released!
- Next merge is 2013-12-09
Topics for This Week
- Pushing to get core APK-based UX landed by Dec 6th. High priority for WebRT and Android teams.
- Second Screen
- Starting to look at real uses cases. A WebAPI is being proposed for second-screen too. We are looking to support the initiative and WesJ will be on point for that from Mozilla.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- Tom Schuster [:evilpie] filed and fixed bug 928671 - Respect browser.urlbar.trimURLs on Android
- ckitching fixed two favicon-related crashes - bug 929010 and bug 929025
- Not exactly a fennec contribution, but jdm made a neat mentor dashboard: http://www.joshmatthews.net/mentorwatch/ (you can submit issues/pull requests on github)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- bug 930916 - added a function to PaintedSurface to get the content area as a data URI
- bug 732971 - landed on inbound now, should help clean up some code in browser.js
- mostly working on metro stuff now
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Past week
- Fixed bug 717878 - Content in input fields can not be scrolled when value exceeds visible width
- Helped Carl Wallace with his extension issues
- Found and fixed bug 930627 - Implement __gnu_Unwind_Find_exidx in custom linker
- Worked on bug 909974 - Background thread hang monitoring
- Was "Compositor thread hang monitoring/telemetry", but splitting telemetry into different bug
- "Monitoring" part waiting for review
- Next week
- More hang monitoring
- Last week: Graphics and Layout work week, worked on checker boarding detection on B2G
- This week: Finish up and validate checker board detection in B2G so that progressive tile rendering may be enabled.
- Bug 924968 - Pinning, unpinning, and editing top sites thumbnails are slow
- In progress
- Bug 853045 - Add a mach command creating Eclipse projects for mobile/android
- Bug 929865 - Change remaining org.mozilla.fennec_$USER sources to use the org.mozilla.gecko package
- Bug 905703 - Don't pre-process build/mobile/robocop/*java.in and mobile/android/base/tests/*java.in
- Moar Split action bar work - trying to align the popup with anchor at the bottom.
- Attended Facebook's Mobile@Scale event
- Working on slides for DroidCon India
- Created a demo app - http://cl.ly/image/2G2S3d37253n
- Exploring using a single View for TwoLinePageRow
- Last week
- On vacation.
- Landed the icon grid intent picker for downloads
- This week
- Digging out of bug mail
- Fallout/refinements to intent chooser. Documenting stuff.
- Droidcon talk: https://speakerdeck.com/lucasr/bringing-firefox-to-android
- bug 918007 - Disable toolbar elements (menu, back, forward) while in editing mode on tablets
- bug 925722 - Search suggestions require an extra tap to hit
- Tons of patch reviews
- Work a bit on bug 917891
- More Fx26 bug fixing, if necessary
- More patch reviews
- Opensearch (bug 852608)
- f+ on basic version
- restructuring for context menus
- handle multiple search engines
- UI Telemetry probes bug 932092
- currently, no collection of UI data
- Mobile notes: https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/24
- similarly, Australis notes: https://firefox-ux.etherpad.mozilla.org/measuringaustralis?
- China feature triaging: https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/25
- Attended Droidcon
- Session at MozFest: http://blog.margaretleibovic.com/post/65456653157/mozfest-recap-building-your-first-mobile-web-app
- Post-travel catch-up
- In Progress/Next
- Some more dynamic snippets collaboration
- Help ibarlow with about:home context menu cleanup - bug 931021
- Revisit home page customization APIs
- bug 915918: If a different tab is selected in the background while in editing mode, URL being entered will open in that new tab
- bug 924480: With talkback, Swiping right from toolbar brings you to content, event when about:home is visible
- Uplift to 26?
- bug 870925: (r?) Add submissions info to FHR documents
- bug 910859: Bootstrap new UI testing framework
- Diffing against lucasr's patch on github (https://github.com/mcomella/new-ui-testing/commits/mcomella)
- FHR architecture docs
- FHR minor bugs and regressions
- bug 898613: [fig] Editing mode tests (followup to bug 895828)
- bug 926430 -- a whole bunch of stuff to do with thumbnail display on top sites. Now with one fewer DB write on startup!
- Landed search unfiltering for FHR (bug 925517, bug 925521).
- Some more FHR uplifts (e.g., bug 922694).
- Discussion re FHR orphans.
- Misc SUMO questions and bugs.
- Misc reviews and such.
- Indic locales?
- working on |mach projectify| with bnicholson. Some progress (bug 905703, WIP on bug 853045), but some setbacks (bug 929865).
- looking at running background JUnit 3 tests on buildbots. Information updated at bug 919627.
- first demo of Sync 1.1 authenticated via FxAccounts: watch at https://vimeo.com/77667079. (ibarlow: this UI is temporary!)
- dealing with reviews on various geckoview stuff I did last week
- bug 875750 - Implement <input type="color">: Android widget/color picker
- looking at using the webrtc tab streaming for second screen
- DroidconUK review
- More work on GeckoView patches
- Unbitrotting second-screen patches
- Helping with UI Telemetry
- Watching some performance data
- Kicking off second screen work (mobile --> tv)
- Home page enhancements
- Adding other lists / feeds -- expect designs next week!
- Sneak peak http://cl.ly/image/1g380k3d302D
- bug 931021 refinements to contextual actions
- Adding other lists / feeds -- expect designs next week!
- Quickshare enhancements
- Add support for multiple providers
- Add support for QS in contextual menus
- Expect designs next week!
- Split action bar
- putting implementation on hold to explore other UI alternatives
- Form input UX enhancements
- Mobile commerce
- What else could we do?
- Kid browsing v1
- Tablet refresh scoping
Initial designs of PDF.js (in progress) that I presented this week to the UX team 
- Iterate on feedback
- Continue to refine/fix known issues
- Add several of the missing pieces
- Handling large files
- Landscape mode
- Page number related details
- Interacting with content
- and many more…
It's an early draft, quite rough on the edges right now, but I'm happy to talk through current designs and discuss possibilities with anyone interested :)
All hands on deck! What is looking achievable for Fx28 (GA 03/04)?
Project Pages that are Engineering WIP
- Geolocation services inc opt-in menu item requiring permissions bump
- Reflow on zoom (double tap) by default
- Gecko Webview phase 1
- API: Push notifications
- API: Contacts <== Disabled, will require permissions bump
- Second screen: Chromecast support
- Added locale: Indonesian (id) (Fx 30?)
- Added locale: Lithuanian (lt) (Fx 30?)
- Added locale: Hebrew (he) (Fx 31?) Dependent on RTL support
- Added locale: Arabic (ar) (Fx 31? Dependent on RTL support)
Project Pages are Ready
- Dynamic snippets add-on
- About:home - Add-ons can add a page
- Added locale: Canadian (en-CA)
- Privileged apps support
- Directional game console navigation
- Set Top Box optimization
- Ability for add-ons to customize sound effects to browser actions
Project Pages Need UX Info
- Multiple profile support
- Preferred web content language
- Firefox flavour: Kinderfox
- Ability for add-ons to customize sound effects
- Mobile wallet
Project Pages Need General Info
- PDF.js support
- Async subframe scrolling (platform)
- Changing default search engines by locale
- Second screen support (needs creative brief)
- API: Web activities
- API: Alarm
- API: Third-party Cloud storage
- API: Gamepad
- API: Bluetooth
- WebRTC implementation guidance
- Firefox flavour: Devfox (needs creative brief)
- Firefox flavour: Firefox for Enterprise (needs creative brief)
- Non-multilang build localizations
- Queue (needs creative brief)
- EOL official Android 2.2 support
- Firefox flavour: Silverfox (needs creative brief)
- Send to device
- Spatial Navigation (SNAV)
- Multi-screen support (needs creative brief)
- Location-based search engines
- Data bandwidth monitoring
- Data bandwidth optimization (Necko)
- Support for hybrid devices
- Settable default search for private browsing mode - not convinced on this one
Pat on the back
- Our crash rate dropped from 2.4 crashes per 100 ADUs to 1.6 per 100 over the last year.
- Test-Day Friday (new about:home)
- 26.0b1 hopefully on track
- Watching early crash data
- Top crash is bug 900033 - crash in mozilla::layers::AsyncCompositionManager::TransformScrollableLayer @ libEGL_MRVL.so
No audible updates, we are watching the release closely