Mozilla QA Community:ThunderBird 1.5 RC2 Community Test Day
- 1 Welcome to the Thunderbird 1.5RC2 Community Test Day!
- 1.1 This testing event is over - thanks for your participation. Check back soon for another exciting community test event!
- 1.2 Important!
- 1.3 FAQ
- 1.4 Results
Welcome to the Thunderbird 1.5RC2 Community Test Day!
This testing event is over - thanks for your participation. Check back soon for another exciting community test event!
The test day will be held on December 13th, 2005. It will run from 6am PST/9am EST until 5pm PST/8pm EST
We will be using the Litmus testing tool for this event. The url to navigate to is http://litmus.mozilla.org/.
Please see the FAQ below for specific instructions on how to test using the Litmus tool, and other instructions about how to join the IRC channel and interface with other members of the Mozilla testing community.
Backup your existing Thunderbird profile before testing!
Here is some information about backing up your profiles:
- http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ - Backup utility for Firefox and Thunderbird
Where do I start?
- Go to your favorite IRC client
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org
- join the #testday channel
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems. If you are not familiar with our bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
What build should I test?
We will be testing the Thunderbird RC2 build. Here are links to the various platforms:
How do I use Litmus to test?
- Go to http://litmus.mozilla.org/
- Click on run tests. Please make sure to enter your email address in the last field.
- Select product "Thunderbird" and your platform and OS
- Select 1.5
- Enter 2005120115 as the build ID
- Enter your email address
In the next section, select the following:
- Select the radio button that says BFTs
- Select the radio button for the section you want to test
We are leaving it open as far as what you want to test, but we encourage you to explore areas in Thunderbird that you might not normally use. For example, try creating some saved searches and work offline for a while just to make sure those areas are functioning correctly.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
Moderators are designated by a solid green dot in the IRC client and will be at the top of the channel.
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifying feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the  to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about Thunderbird 1.5 RC2, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
If you have issues with a particular testcase in Litmus, please take the time to add a comment to your test result indicating what is broken or unclear.
- Product: Thunderbird
- Test Group: Basic Functional Tests (BFTs)
- Branch: 1.5 Branch
- Build ID: 20051201*
- Start Time: 2005/12/13 06:00:00 PST
- Finish Time: 2005/12/13 17:00:00 PST
Total Test Results By Locale
Note: we have no way of verifying whether the Thunderbird builds these people were using were actually the localized versions or not. They may have simply chosen the locale they were testing from.
Total Test Results By Platform
Total Test Results By Result Status