Gecko 1.9 Performance and Leaks Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern
- Script Conference Room, Building S, Mountain View
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #perf for backchannel
- Ben Turner fixed a number of leaks causing documents to be kept alive too long. Should all be in now?
- Peterv has tentative patch for session restore leaking restored windows in some cases (such as error pages or pages not finishing loading). (bug 412774)
- 20 P1/P2s still open.
- DBaron got leak monitor working on trunk again!
- AI:sicking Look into enabling trace-refcount, without the tracing part in nightlies.
- AI:sicking Test leaked handles on windows manually using purify.
- AI:sayrer Run leak buster while looking for trace-malloc leaks. [didn't get this done--sayrer]
Vlad gone but says nothing big new to report.
- make faster
bug 403830 -- Content arena
- Other bugs (should have perf and footprint keywords)
bug 407442 -- nsEventListenerManager allocates a lot [patch]
bug 408113 -- JS reallocate context->stackPool arenas way too often [patch]
bug 408301 -- XPConnect wrappers w/o XPConnect proto don't share JS scopes with their protos. [patch]
bug 410250 -- nsID/nsJSID stupid mallocs [patch]
bug 410357 -- use nsAutoTArray for nsCSSDeclaration::mOrder [patch]
- bug 403354 -- Get rid of nsCStringArray ParseString usage [patch]
- bug 408921 -- Arenas size+header are too big for size classification [patch]
- fix things