Places Team Meeting Details
- Mondays at 9:00am Pacific
- irc.mozilla.org #places
- Blockers (5, +4, http://tinyurl.com/dgbhmn)
- bug 489038 - Selecting and/or deleting tags in the Library causes Firefox 3.5b4pre to hog the CPU and become unresponsive (dietrich)
- bug 481767 - Tag field overlay issue when 2 or more bookmarks in the same tag (mak), has workaround (known working), suggest to take it and file a widget bug to find real cause (bug is known from a long time)
- bug 490035 - "Script is busy" warning from places flush script on initial migration (mak), has patch for batch migration. Investigating on possibilities to interrupt main thread allowing some breath for UI (will probably require IDL changes), helpwanted.
- bug 490068 - leak window after showing bookmarks panel (mano)
- bug 491520 - Tag autocomplete prevents changing the case of tags, when adding tags (mak), has new patch needs review/hints from gavin
- Blockers Nominations (0, 0, http://tinyurl.com/o86ksz)
- Needs branch landing (0, 0, http://tinyurl.com/c4droh)
- Wanted (34, +1, http://tinyurl.com/cg78qy)
- Possible Wontfix (45, -1, http://tinyurl.com/ajqgm7)
- Places bugs on m-c but not yet on 1.9.1 (31, +2, http://tinyurl.com/oxno27)
- Waiting for approval1.9.1 (4, -2, http://tinyurl.com/qbxnjy)
- Requiring tests (in-testsuite?) (82, +1, http://tinyurl.com/d3eqav)
- Bug Triage (1400, +12 change), http://tinyurl.com/a3j9p6)
- will get on track with verifying fixes as they land (next nightly)
- focus will remain on 1.9.1 branch 'til final release.
- bug 455555 - async location bar queries (working patch eta end of week)
- working on blockers (see above for status)
- done reviews on small UI improvements
- bug 488966 - Add a last_visit_date column with an index to moz_places, required bug 491954 has landed, need to unbitrot and split patch. Downgrade is no more a blocker for the release (users won't be able to downgrade to nightlies before next one, but no problems with releases).
- bug 491269 - Test that editing folder name in bookmarks properties dialog does not accept the dialog. Required landed bug 422181 landed, needs review adw.
- bug 480238 - Double-clicking tree column separator opens highlighted link, has review, only need to address comments.
- bug 483980 - Allow history/bookmark observer components to register with a startup category. Still need to look into this for Fennec.
- bookmarks initialization is not fault tolerant bug 478912 - posted new WIP; would appreciate fly-by
- async query containers bug 490714 - WIP patch up; didn't work on this at all last week
- clear recent history/privacy blockers
- other CRH bug 489958 - unnecessary scrollbars
- bug 489897 New WIP patch. Statement.row work in storage. This will make results iteration easier
- bug 410196 Working on a new patch based on Marco's feedback. I am starting to think Marco's initial concept is better after all. (Just turn off the command when focused on these "root" nodes)
- bug 489513 Timing Harness working off of sdwilsh's examples
- reviews, blockers, etc.
- Bugs with dev-doc-needed (http://is.gd/iVWS)
- the migration guide needs history api and dynamic container examples. (dietrich)
- the design documents linked from MDC need to be written. can probably cull from the old design overview docs.
- Documentation non-existent:
- dynamic containers (MaK77)
- will do as soon as they are working properly
- dynamic containers (MaK77)
- Needs porting from WMO to MDC:
- Places:Transactions (decide on owner)
- A Places (or non-Places-specific that we use for Places...) dashboard that shows live changes, bugzilla queries, graphs would be nice to have
- bug 489173 Issue with size of places.sqlite and Google Toolbar