Scratch pad of tasks in no particular order (last updated 02/27/07).
- Meet with Axel, figure out optimal localization strategy bug 371926
- Fill out Fx3 For Developers section for Places.
- Meet with FUEL team to talk about platform/API for extension developers. Invite Todd from foxmarks, brettw and google folks, Patrick and yahoo folks.
- [all] add "[non-places-regression]" to status whiteboard of all regressions that appears on the trunk after we disabled places. bug list
- [sspitzer] fix trunk regressions caused by disabling places, query status whiteboard for "non-places-regression"
- [dietrich sspitzer] review patch from Myk (see Myk's patch in bug #355651) and finish backporting non-places changes to trunk (only covers mozilla/browser/components/bookmarks/)
- [dietrich sspitzer] review other MOZ_PLACES parts of the tree to look for things that may have fallen through the cracks. also in bug #355651.
- Need to list regressions from History-on-Places here
- Bookmarks (meta-bug)
Performance / Testing:
- [dmills] figure out what the right history sizes should be benchmarking. (for both places vs non-places). figure out how to get apples-to-apples history.dat and bookmarks_history.sqlite for tinderbox, regression testing, and performance testing purposes.
- [dmills] get new tinderboxes set up for both trunk with places and no-places with same history.dat and bookmarks_history.sqlite
- [dmills] fix Tp (page load) test to work a profile with history, so that regressions to places that affect link coloring and startup show up on Tinderbox.
- [dmills] fix Ts (startup) tests to work with a profile with both places and non-places history
- Unit tests
- Have some basic coverage for all, but need to get full API coverage for history, bookmarks and annotations.
API / Data Model / Architecture:
- See Places:BookmarksComments for discussion of these issues
- [dietrich] review Todd's suggestions about the data model
- [dietrich] Move from bookmarks URI-as-singleton model to unique identification of bookmarks #360133
- [dietrich] publish and discuss APIs with google, yahoo, extension authors (Todd from foxmarks, etc)
Synchronization / Remote Bookmarks:
- [dietrich] Develop Fx3 line-item template for this feature, and point this list to the bugs generated from it.
- [dietrich] determine the architectural changes required to support sync
- some requirements
- Blocking on Fx3 feature discussions
- Rob Sayre is doing some work on livemarks in Places.
- Fx3 feature discussions should determine what action is required
- Talk to Myk about microsummaries and places
- Like Livemarks, figure out if microsummary update should update lastupdate, creating date, or neither