Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Notices / Schedule
- We turned off updates for a couple of hours last night due to addons.mozilla.com being down in order to prevent incorrect add-on compatibility warnings prior to updating.
- We're looking into initial 3.6 uptake data. More info later in the week.
- FF9 Beta 5 go-to-build tonight on IRC. May be later than usual due to the email outage and buttoning things up. While I have everyone, here are the three bugs that we'd definitely like to take action on before building:
- Need to make a decision on bug 705572 with relation to Kindle Fire support in FF9.
- Need help backing out bug 679961.
- If possible, coming to a decision on whether we can take a low-risk fix for bug 702111.
- Lastly, we'd like to blocklist vksaver in bug 708000 so that we have the proper amount of time to test.
- FF9 sign-offs are next week! Please bring any last minute concerns to our attention at the 2PM PT Channel Meeting in Warp Core today.
- Silent Update
- Windows UAC service to land on M-C today
- Background updates on hold pending the completion of Windows UAC Service
- Add-ons compatible by default testing and bug fixing ongoing on M-C and Aurora
Firefox Developer Tools
- Working on profiler and chromehang
- Starting to track slow SQL queries with Telemetry
- For next week we plan to wrap up a profiler, come up with a fix for cache io on startup/shutdown, look into submitting hang stacks in a less brutal way.
- Blog post by Taras with more details.
- Meetings rescheduled for Thurs, 11am PDT
- Landed ObjShrink, which will reduce memory consumption of objects, make them faster to initialize. This is an important piece of our long-term performance plan.
- Landed a feature nsIFrameLoader::clipSubdocuments that lets you create <browser>/<iframe> elements where the document isn't clipped to the bounds of the <iframe> element; the <iframe> element defines the CSS viewport for the subdocument, but content outside the element's viewport will render outside the <iframe>. This is mainly for the new mobile browser, but could be useful for other things. bug 699351
- cpearce has basically finished the work on full-screen; looking for a new project. Currently looking into mobile video performance.
- Tim Terriberry and Jean-Marc Valin have basically finished work on the Opus audio codec for now. It's making good progress through the IETF. Jean-Marc is working on improving the encoder a bit more. Tim is ramping up research for a new video codec.
- SPDY has landed (bug 528288), is in nightly builds, pref'd off (network.http.spdy.enabled).
- High-res timers for Windows have landed (bug 676349).
- SSL thread removal (bug 674147) landed with SSL handshake latency improvements. This also allows multiple SSL handshakes to complete in parallel (previously, SSL handshakes were effectively serialized).
- bug 90268 - moving plugins to content is blocked on the pandora homepage not loading. Internal debugging has been unfruitful, so we're trying to get an engineering contact at pandora to help debug the issue.
- Work has restarted in cooperation with Adobe on an asynchronous drawing API for NPAPI with acceleration. This will hopefully allow us to get rid of windowed plugins (on Windows) which should help with Windows event race conditions and plugin stability issues.
- In the process of merging birch to mozilla-central
- tree closures due to PHX outage; currently back open
- very soon all windows nightly and dep builds on mozilla-central will be signed
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Dec 05 / 13:00 PST||Silent Updates (cont. discussions)|
|Wed Dec 07 / 13:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|Thu Dec 08 / 10:00 PST||AVAILABLE|
|Fri Dec 09 / 10:00 PST||Page Inspector / Highlighter|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- Some outage problems yesterday. Should be mostly resolved.
- ADUs showing up as 0 - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/daily?p=Firefox&v= - probably fixed by the time of this meeting.
- New bugs filed:
- Working with Alex on a list of potential dlls to block for 9.0
- Adobe wants to do a conference call - blocking old version of flash
- Crashkill should probably be involved. bug 704158
- Weekly report - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_05Dec2011
- Need Good reports XUL UI and Native UI
- Tracking page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Socorro:FennecAndroid
- Separate explosive report for Birch (KaiRo to handle)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=701002 - Java stack/App Note mangling
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=706704 - Needs confirmation of whether it is fixed to know whether we have good ADU data.
- (aki) What are the expectations for the December 20th Mobile release?
Single locale repacks + partner repacks are blocked.Time is running out.
- (ctalbert) B2G automation ran our first revision from build to test to reporting last week. See jgriffin or mdas for more details (in taipei this week)