Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 OOM Linker Issue on Windows
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Performance
- 6 GFX
- 7 JS
- 8 Layout
- 9 Video
- 10 DOM
- 11 WebAPI
- 12 Network
- 13 Plugins
- 14 Mobile
- 15 Accessibility
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
OOM Linker Issue on Windows
Summary of where we are:
- Hit Bug 709193 over the weekend.
- After investigating, determined that we were running out of address space in the linker.
- Backed out some recent additions (SPDY and Graphite) to get libxul size down a bit and reopen the tree under restricted rules.
- Removed some code that's not in the critical path from libxul.
Where we're going:
- Remove enough code from libxul to tide us over (might be here already, might not).
- Stand up 32 bit compilers on 64 bit operating systems to get another GB of address space.
Notices / Schedule
- Add-ons compatible by default now on in Aurora 10
- Firefox 9 Sign-Offs tomorrow (12/14) at 2:30PM PT in Warp Core
- Firefox 3.6.25 beta going out Wednesday (12/14)
- Firefox 9 beta 6 targeted for release Thursday (12/15)
- Firefox 9 "slow rollout" starting Dec. 20th
- bug 705597 - Tim Taubert did some great work tracking down and fixing a cause of sessionstore slowness (many about:blank entries resulting in oversized sessionstore.js), has landed on trunk
- Silent update
- Add-ons are now compatible by default on Aurora. See Help Test Default Compatibility for Add-ons on Aurora
- Still working on security issues for Removal of OS security dialog for Windows
Firefox Developer Tools
- Graphite Fonts Feature landed but was backed out due to linker issue. Now back in mozilla-inbound.
- Bug 668437 Mouse events for :hover in XUL popups. Requested by Dev Tools.
- Local patch for Bug 668163 Broken overlay on top of Bing maps.
- Lots of stuff now working for WebTelephony on B2G. Can make phone calls!
- Uses JS-implementation for DOM-API which has issues. Might switch to C++
- Radio parts written in JS and runs in a special worker!
- WebSMS for android mostly ready but needs review. Won't land until after next train.
- Initial Network status API awaiting review
- Battery backend landed for windows
- birch merge
- went relatively smoothly
- development has now moved to mozilla-central
- nightly users are now getting builds from mozilla-central
- click-to-play plugins landed and bounced, now waiting for m-c to re-open
- Downtime tonight for network equipment maintenance, 2100 PST - 0000 PST. All trees will be closed.
- No reviews currently scheduled this week, but we have open slots
- We have many things marked for review: Review Needed
- Please check the list, see if your feature is there and contact curtisk to get on the schedule
- bug 709166 - issue searching
- bug 708453 Crash Reports not getting submitted on Mac trunk.
- Broke on 11/22 and we are slowly getting more reports.
- Soccoro : need bug 706803 for separation of Birch/Native - in 2.3.5 (Dec 19)
- Triage - still working on top crash list - http://bit.ly/uxTYQY
- bug 708136 Firefox 11.0a1 Crash [@ mozilla::gl::GLContext::DeleteOffscreenFBO ]
- bug 709847 Firefox crash @ PR_SetPollableEvent
- bug 709474 Crash @ mozalloc_abort(char const* const) | NS_DebugBreak_P | ThemeSystemParametersInfoW with abort message: "###!!! ABORT: unable to find a usable font (serif)"
- bug 708285 Crash in nsMemoryReporterManager::GetExplicit
- Third Party
- bug 710077
- Not super high volume but affects anyone playing Farmville
- bug 710077
- a snap shot taken on 12/12/2011 2:00 PM with a total of 86 open crash bugs based on bugs queried on native-crash across various platform
Top Bugs From Report
- bug 704467 Crash in Java_org_mozilla_gecko_GeckoAppShell_callObserver
Need Bugs looked at
- Need to get bug 701002 pushed through for socorro
- Need to get bug 706704 fixed for metrics
- Soccoro : need bug 706803 for separation of Birch/Native
- bug 702624 - Crash Reporter crashes
- bug 704161 Get symbols for Android Flash
- Telemetry plea (johnath)