Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-05-22 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- K9o tracking
- Rescheduling triage sessions. Not getting great participation at these times and conflicts with daily mobile triage.
- Preparing a triage page with all the queries/lists.
- Still several areas that need better product definition - sitting down with the product team to get through that.
- Working on integrating a regular status for Monday meetings.
- Getting out more communications to dev.planning.
- Revised product draft is pending.
- Meetings, updates going out publicly.
- Regular status update in Monday meetings.
Notices / Schedule
- We're now in the fifth week of the cycle
- Code freeze for FF13 is this coming Friday - this is the final week to land fixes or mitigating patches for bugs on the tracking 13 list
- Beta 5 is going to build today, and will be released on Friday
- Please land any beta approved patches by this afternoon PT
- ESR landings tracked for 13+ also need to start landing
- Barring any urgent blockers, Beta 6 is going to build Monday (5/28, despite Memorial Day) for a release on Wednesday
- We expect merge day (NOT release day) to occur a day early, 6/4, in support of releasing high quality Aurora/Beta builds before the end of the week
- We'll be discussing Beta growth at today's channel meeting at 2PM PT in Warp Core
- Specifically looking at population size vs having a representative population, and the affect on discoverability vs urgency/prioritization
- Background updates bug 307181 landed this morning, please watch for possible problems in updates on Nightly within the next couple of weeks.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Debugger preffed ON in nightlies. bug 756513
- Add-on SDK Scratchpad now loads examples from docs
- Gathered some stats on SDK versions in use on AMO
- Got a new search tool for add-on source in testing
- This week's Snappy update
- Telemetry sign in now uses Persona (BrowserID).
- Jet sped up browser chrome by converting SVG masks to clip-paths: bug 752918.
- The necko team is looking for feedback on test builds that reduce cache-related pauses on the main thread. If you suffer from cache-related lag, give these builds a spin and see bug 722034.
- Benoit made our profiling builds useful on Linux and Android (in addition to Windows, Mac64).
- Rafael is getting close to calling exit(0) in bug 662444.
- We now do compartmental GC more often. See bug 716014.
- Andrew is working on reducing CC overhead (by 80% in his benchmark) when closing tabs. See bug 754495.
- Display-list-based-invalidation is nearly complete. Planning to land after next uplift for maximum bake time. Greatly reduces the amount of repainting required on complex dynamic pages, and speeds up reflow. [mattwoodrow]
- SVG displayList conversion is progressing well now. Most test cases passing. Remaining work involves clipping paths, masks and filters. [jwatt]
- Fennec work continues...
- Notable Patches:
- bug 749425 - Push the scroll frame clip inside the scroll layer so it gets transformed by the shadow transform.
- bug 749935 - Make all nsRect Union methods saturating. If width/height overflows nscoord_MAX then clamp the x/y to nscoord_MIN / 2 and try again.
- bug 751356 - Make presshell arena allocation methods inline and non-virtual.
- bug 752428 - Null-check the right thing to fix topcrash.
- bug 752918 - Convert expensive SVG masks to clip-paths.
- bug 249159 - harfbuzz shaper should not modify character-clustering info due to diacritic within ligature.
- bug 746987 - Make unicode-bidi: [-moz-]plaintext apply to inline elements.
- bug 731594 - Fix some cases where a bidi-isolated element was never going through bidi resolution.
- bug 750551 - Make dir=rtl reverse layout direction in horizontal orientation only.
- bug 753397 - Add a field to nsCSSPropList for a preference that controls the property.
- bug 747720 - Save and expose on nsFontInflationData the width of the nearest common ancestor of the inflated descendants.
- bug 756219 - Don't use Moz prefix on internal function names in nsComputedDOMStyle for recommendation-track properties.
- bug 528332 - Implement non-scaling-stroke vector-effect.
- bug 753742 - Force layer build on scroll frames with a displayport.
- bug 512525 - Implement SVG Fragment Identifier parsing and animation hyperlinking
- bug 734082 - Compute and store bounds and visual overflow bounds for both SVG leaf and container frames.
- We have libstagefright audio/video decoding working on Nexus S, Galaxy S2, and Akami devices running B2G. Will land soon once some build system stuff is reviewed. Still have to figure out how to support linking to different libstagefright binaries in a single build. [eflores, doublec]
- libcubeb audio backend landed and enabled on nightly for Linux (ALSA). Windows and Mac already landed, so only Android remains. Matthew is working on software stream mixing which will make the Android backend easier. [kinetik]
- fullscreenWithKeys support has landed, along with integration with pointer-lock API. [cpearce]
- Started looking at implementing plumbing for security model, including "cookie jars" (or rather "data jars" since they affect IndexedDB and localStorage as well). Will not affect firefox for now, but will let us do cool things in the future in Firefox if we want to. bug 756644
- Filed tracker for "trusted apps". bug 756729
- Proximity and ambient light sensors landed on mobile.
- Contacts API has been getting better search capabilities as well as SIM-card integration.
Try for network cache pauses fixes (bug 722034 and bug 746018): https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=10b6ced92518
- We are experiencing feedback reports in Firefox 13 that youtube and netflix continue to play audio after the tab is closed/navigated. If you experience this, please don't ignore it and help come up with details STR. See bug 757262 (youtube) and bug 756250 (netflix).
- OSX signing of nightlies will be enabled today or tomorrow
- 32-bit PGO builds are now happening on 64-bit machines
Reviews coming up this week:
Wednesday 1pm PDT -- TCP/UDP socket API for web apps Thursday 10am PDT -- Script Debugger Friday 10am -- Landing Jetpack loader in Firefox
Calendar: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- With Wednesday's Socorro update, anyone with an admin login will be able to retrieve URLs for a signature easily directly in Socorro UI.
- Huge crash spike
- Watching crash regressions closely over the next couple of weeks as we get close to next merge.
- Crash rate looks pretty good - http://bit.ly/K2EmSe Tracking Firefox 14
- No new items appearing in b3 - http://bit.ly/GEI29E Tracking Firefox 13
- Dealing with a number of issues relating to Flash.
- The decision for now is to go for a variant of the blocklist we haven't done before. If you navigate to a page that is running Flash and it's an old version - we have a notification bar.
- Adobe gave us symbols that haven't been obfuscated. We reprocessed all the reports. For the 11.2 version.
- Still outstanding issue around 11.3 being particularly crashy - discuss in stability work week.
- bug 686335 - mentioned in the discussion of blocklisting. Not a problem with the notification bar. Nominated as tracking for 13.
- Great progress on crashes for beta - 9.97 crashes per 100 ADU for b2.
- Still need to bring that down but making great progress.
- Tracking top 10 list closely and more fixes pending for b3.
- 14.0b2 Beta top crashes
- bug 752368 - Random black screens when opening links from other applications
- this should be fixed in nightly, if you have encountered this, please check to make sure you are on the latest nightly (by going to about:firefox) and place in steps to reproduce (STR) in the bug.
- bug 732901 - java.lang.IllegalStateException: at android.widget.ListView.layoutChildren(ListView.java) at android.widget.ListView.commonKey(ListView.java) with Adapter(class org.mozilla.gecko.TabsTray$TabsAdapter)
- this should be in the next beta
- bug 731288 - crash @ libgui.so
- Patch approved, waiting for it to land
- bug 752368 - Random black screens when opening links from other applications
- Aurora top crashes
- Nightly top crashes
- bug 731293 - Crash in nsBaseContentList::cycleCollection::CanSkipReal
- bug 757303 - crash in [@ TouchBadMemory | mozalloc_abort | dalvik-mark-stack (deleted)@0x3127f40 ] ; Possible font fallback issue?
- bug 745250 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at android.view.GestureDetector.onTouchEvent(GestureDetector.java)
- List of crashes that are fixed in central but not in aurora/beta candidate
- Core crash bugs in Native:
- Reminder that build system changes require review from a build system peer. - khuey
- Possible 13.0 regression: Plugins continue to play audio after the tab is closed.