Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-06-19 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Media (not Video)
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- We are in our third week of the cycle - Firefox 14 Beta 8 and Fennec Native Beta 8 will both be going to build today
- Please continue to prioritize tracked FF14 bugs over tracked FF15 bugs over work landing on m-c
- FF13.0.1 was released unthrottled late last week (with this changeset) - the Firefox 13/13.0.1 post-mortem was held this morning
- bug 763444 – Flash crash F1398665248_____________________________
- Adobe is working on a fix, this remains our top issue for Firefox
- Workarounds: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes
- bug 763459 – RealPlayer Browser record plugin breaks Youtube since Fx13
- Real is working on a fix, we've blocklisted the add-on versions which were contributing
- Other workarounds, if the blocklist doesn't resolve the issue: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox
- bug 762062 – Firefox startup crash in JS_HoldPrincipals (Correlation to Skype 188.8.131.5201)
- Skype believes they have a fix rolling out in a matter of days, so we've decided to hold off on blocklisting
- Notable fixes from the past two weeks:
- Upcoming work:
- Social API work targeted at Firefox 16: bug 762579, bug 762569, bug 765874, bug 764872
- Australis: awesome intern Andrew Hurle is working on awesomebar styling improvements (bug 587909), and Frank Yan is continuing Jared Wein's work on new tab styling (Jared blogged about it)
- Firefox for Metro (Windows 8) integration work continues (bug 762344)
- invasive change coming! Firefox desktop files being moved to browser/ subdir (bsmedberg, bug 755724)
Firefox Developer Tools
- More web console perf improvements landed. If you've seen performance problems in the web console, please re-test with nightly.
- Debugger team is fixing bugs like crazy.
- Wednesday the 27th we're going to host a hackfest for command line commands. Details coming in a blog post tomorrow.
- This week's Snappy summary
- Scope Chain patch landed in SpiderMonkey bug 659577. IonMonkey just got 15% faster on SunSpider and 40% faster on v8 benchmarks. - Luke Wagner (luke) and David Anderson (dvander).
- CSS Flexbox landing in UX branch today (quick demo)
- W3C spec in [Last Call (Final comments due before July 3)
- Notable Patches:
- bug 747493 - Give frameset documents a basic scroll layer so we can communicate the document's metrics to the compositor and frontend. (tn)
- bug 764354 - Don't mark intrinsic widths dirty for font inflation width changes at box/block boundaries (dbaron)
- bug 759755 - Links on some web pages are rendered misplaced (dbaron)
- bug 763689 - Add "auto" keyword for min-height and min-width, which for now just computes to 0. (dholbert)
- bug 691950 - Set up directories for W3C CSSWG test suite sync to/from mozilla-central. (fantasai)
- bug 764851 - Fix animations of the width/height of an outer SVG element. (rlongson)
- bug 765166 - lines should be able to be broken before/after Ideographic space next to breakable white space (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- bug 763570 - Add a scrollframe from frameset documents on Fennec, so that they work with async pan/zoom and touch events. (kats)
- bug 764860 - Simplify and comment the SVG clipPath code. (jwatt)
- bug 764813 - Avoid using gfxContext::SetMatrix in SVG code where possible. (jwatt)
- bug 762679 - Stop rounding coordinates prematurely while doing SVG hit testing. (jwatt)
- bug 743888 - Part 1: Remove SVGException and XPathException (VYV03354@nifty.ne.jp)
- bug 741682 - Disable component alpha layers with BasicLayers. (mwoodrow)
- bug 739671 - Store optimized Color/ImageLayers on the ThebesLayers that they replace. (mwoodrow)
Media (not Video)
- WebRTC 1st tranche landing scheduled for tomorrow morning early EDT (6-8am EDT-ish). Try builds percolating, both webrtc disabled (the default), and enabled (since I want it to work after it lands if enabled).
- Per the plan, trying to land while it's relatively quiet. Landing will be on inbound, with default for webrtc disabled so impact should be low.
- Talking with glandium and ted about how to deal with webrtc signaling needing deep interaction with DOM (PeerConnection, MediaStreams, etc) and with media/webrtc/trunk (media code). We're going to test static-linking gkmedia with PGO and without PGO and see what the memory use on the builders is.
- Fullscreen Plugin support for ICS landed in time for 14.0
- Tablet UI changes continue to land on trunk, will be uplifted to 15
- Content text selection landed on trunk
- crash rate for 14.0 is down to ~4 crashes per 100 ADUs
Available Slots - Get 'em while they are hot!
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Stability work week last week.
- Great progress in many areas - logged a bunch of new bugs.
- Planning a blog/list post of activities.
- bug 763237 Top flash crash - work is still on progress on the Adobe side. If you look at the all view (browser and plugin crashes) it is either the top crash by volume or in the top 3.
- New crashes
- bug 765191 crash in AccessibleWrap::GetHWNDFor
- bug 765680 crash in nsNPAPIPluginInstance::Stop - #28 top crash in Beta
- New crashes
- bug 764342 OOM crash in nsSegmentedBuffer::AppendNewSegment
- Current crashes for Fennec 14 beta 7 are under 5 crashes per 100 ADU. Target reached!
- Nightly has started to be crashy again...
- 14.0b7 Beta top crashes
- Aurora top crashes
- bug 756999, bug 763702 nsFontInflationData::FindFontInflationDataFor
- bug 761929 java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the childs parent first. at android.view.ViewGroup.addViewInner(ViewGroup.java) at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.openPanel on ICS
- bug 760955 crash in mozilla::net::nsHttpChannel::InstallOfflineCacheListener
- Nightly top crashes
- Frame pointers enabled on desktop Nightly yesterday (discussion, no audibles)