From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Aug-29-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • mbrandt - on a boat, down a river, and unreachable -- 8/30 - 9/9
  • henrik: 08/31 PTO
  • henrik: 09/07 - 09/09 MozCamp Warsaw
  • jhammink: in Brazil this week
  • tchung: back 9/4
  • camd: 9/12-14
  • jrgm: 08/29 - 09/06

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox (ashughes)
    • Firefox 15 shipped on Tuesday, see Firefox 15 RRRT page for tracking issues, updates should be throttled later tomorrow
    • Java 0-day in the wild with no ETA on a fix from Oracle, we are developing a strategy to protect our users
    • Firefox 16.0b1 shipping tomorrow (this is our first Win8 supported release)
    • Firefox 17.0a2 updates to be turned back on Friday (this is our first OSX 10.5 de-supported release)
    • We now have a steps-wanted keyword in Bugzilla to request steps to reproduce in a bug, everyone feel free to use it
    • We've started to use the verifyme keyword to flag high-priority bug fix verifications
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.7esr shipped on Tuesday
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • No Sync client train this week.
  • App WebRT (Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • More exploratory testing on FF OS for random issues with apps
      • Initial test pass on packaged apps
      • Continued QA support for FF Android web apps
    • What's next?
      • Give a quick pass of marketplace app screenshots to capture common issues
      • Ramp up and start testing web activities on FF OS
      • Continue supporting testing of web apps on FF Android
  • Community

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Discussing with driver team about armv6 supported devices
    • testing sync ui for tablets
    • testing updater service (yes mobile)
    • ARMv6 generated Beta (mozilla/firefox-16) candidate builds now available for testing (N.B, currently en-US only) targeting a first Beta release of ARMv6 support
    • Web Apps in Firefox for Android now disabled on mozilla-beta; target is now firefox-17
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • Stability looking good for 15b7; going for release.
      • channels are switching
      • otherwise see Platform and Mobile notes.
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Phase 1 complete on e2e requirements health-check sheets (existing requirements accounted for). Phase 2 (verifying existing requirements, building out testcases) in progress.
    • Planning underway re: sprint for getting WebAPI smoketest suite in CI.
    • CI Permissions test prototype created by David Chan, so we know how to control prompting. Starting with ten priority areas for coverage, but ultimately need full surface area covered
    • (nhirata) quick pass through requirements done. Working on hard pass and syncing current data.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Churn on French Toast; I've done nada.
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • TokenServer work continues in Dev and Stage
      • Includes BID and ToS requirements for Production
    • AITC work continues in Dev and Stage
    • Sync + MetLog work continues in Dev and Stage
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 34: Completed yesterday! Thanks, jrgm!
      • Bug 783725 - browserid: QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.08.17 to ephemeral "stage"
    • Train 35: final train to Stage before we hit Persona Beta
    • Important dates:
      • Stage: 9/5 - 9/11
      • Prod: 9/11 - 9/17
      • Announcement: 9/18
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • klrmn continues to work with BID Dev and WebQA
  • Hiring and Training
    • Recruiting team is phone screening candidates
    • Also will be meeting with primary recruiter to talk Services QA needs (still planned)

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Affiliates FB is being reviewed by QA
  • AMO
    • The new redesigns and country stores are going live tomorrow.
  • Engagement Projects
    • Affiliates Facebook app is being tested
    • working on uTest test plan
    • releases for this week
  • Mozillians
    • No Updates
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
    • SUMO UI redesign is being tested
  • SUMO UI has undergone a huge redesign, scheduled to go out Sept. 10th
  • Contributors
    • We have 3 contributors starting to work on 2 different projects this week [SUMO UI revamp, Affiliates Facebook app]

Community (Marcia)

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • Mozmill 1.5.18 released
  • Weekly “Ask an Expert” Q&A sessions for Test Automation starting tomorrow
  • Mentored bugs seem to help a lot in getting new contributors - we have to set more ASAP!
  • Working with IT to get our ESX cluster ASAP to the PHX colo
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Working with B2G team on enhancement requests
  • Clint approved time to work on enhancements at beginning of Q4
  • Libre office is actively evaluating MozTrap and will have some pull requests for me soon
  • Web QA team has a contributor (klrmn) who is developing tests against the MozTrap REST APIs with the connector.
Community Members Onboarding
  • xabolcs is now helping out with Mozmill 2.0 (formerly NTT)

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • (jsmith) Cross-Team Tracking & Testing for Web Compat & Gecko Platform / Cross-product Tests (WebGl, websites tracking, iframes, etc.)
    • what do we have across the teams already?
      • Lots of sample test pages on people sites,, MozTrap test cases is what I know about
    • where should we store these?
      • MozTrap?
      • Centralized test case server?
    • Who wants to take point?

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • [jsmith] Community and Firefox OS - leftover item from last week
  • [marcia] Help putting together documentation for B2G Desktop builds for MozCamp
  • [marcia] Windows 8 update
    • We have two machines in Mt. View that have the temporary 90 day eval installed. One machine is in the QA lab that other is next to where Juan sits.
    • We are working on getting licensing arranged for VMs. Geo is taking the point on creating the VM for QA once we get the licensing issues worked out.
  • [Adi_J] Public mailing list for sending out the staff meeting agenda
  • [marcia] Status of QA contribute emails?

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes:
    • B2G Test cases should live in MozTrap
    • Test data should use going forward
    • QA Desktop Builds
      • Talk to Eric Shepherd regarding documentation
      • Adi - making videos that relate How to go about getting these builds going
      • Linux - Which Linux distro? That probably will be a factor
  • Action Items
    • marcia to follow up with Alex and Bavna re: Windows 8 licensing for Test Day
    • Resurrect mailing list - [stephend]
    • Get recording of meeting straightened out [geo/marcia]

Last Meeting

  • Action Items