From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Aug-22-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
  • OMG jbonacci is leaving
    • /me sad-faces
  • Tchung on Paternity leave for approx 2.5 more weeks

Travel / PTO

  • Jason - PTO 8/23 - 8/27
  • jammink - Work Week 8/25 - 9/1
  • mbrandt - PTO 8/30 - 9/9
  • jrgm - PTO 8/29 - 9/4

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • 15.0b6 in QA, targeting ship later today
    • Firefox 15 Release candidate go to build by Friday, ship on Tuesday
    • Tree migrations will be happening on Monday (18 -> Nightly, 17 -> Aurora, 16 -> Beta)
    • Thank you to those who signed up to help with Firefox 15 weekend coverage
    • HELP WANTED: contact ashughes if you can help
      • Need help with bug 784512 - Per input: reports of slowness is up about 100% in Firefox 15 vs 14
      • Need help burning down security fix verification list (~20 bugs remain)
    • Firefox 17:
      • If you are dogfooding these builds, please keep your eye out for tabbed-browsing performance regressions (bug 685516)
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.7 ESR candidate go to build by Friday, ship on Tuesday
  • Stability (marcia)
    • Desktop Stability Report
    • Adobe shipped a new version of Flash: 11.4.402.265. Please be on the lookout for any crashes you are experiencing regularly
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • If you have Desktop Firefox Moztrap tests you want automated, talk to ashughes
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • no client train this week
    • working on a Sync community action plan.
  • App WebRT (Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Screen Orientation testing for app manifest on FF OS
      • Bunch of test cases for packaged apps
      • Continued QA support for FF Android Web Apps - Making Go/No Go call this week for FF 16
      • Expanding knowledge on Firefox OS capabilities for apps
      • Porting test cases over to standardized test format for FF OS
    • What's next?
      • Packaged apps test run
      • Continued QA support on FF Android Web Apps
  • Community
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • See Mobile and Platform for details
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • jammink/mbrandt - putting gaia testing tasks into pivotal ask jammink/mbrandt for links, priviledges.
    • nhirata: req review/session based testing/assigned verifications
    • Geo taking B2G QA PoC in Tony's absence.
    • Met w/ dev & security re: permissions testing. Piloting with geolocation, will scope and estimate once challenges are better defined.
    • Working on media playback test plan and examples
    • Moving Eric's API smoketester into a certified app so it doesn't hit permissions problems
    • Tons of regressions on daily builds. New policy, QA will file bugs, and ping dev owners as a high priority to fix: (daily smoketest results: )
    • Building out requirements health check sheets; also gives us what we need to scope and plan full-breadth end-to-end testing for Firefox OS requirements.
    • Welcome and huge thanks to WebQA, who are helping us out!
    • All QA adds to the B2G project should sign up for the mailing list at:
  • Pancake (nhirata)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • TokenServer work continues in Dev and Stage
      • Includes BID and ToS requirements for Production
    • AITC work continues in Dev and Stage
    • Sync + MetLog work continues in Dev and Stage
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 34:
      • Bug 783725 - browserid: QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.08.17 to ephemeral "stage"
      • This should be the last train before Persona Beta
        • Stage: 9/5 - 9/11
        • Prod: 9/11 - 9/17
        • Announcement: 9/18
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • klrmn continues to work with BID Dev and WebQA
  • Hiring and Training
    • Recruiting team is phone screening candidates
    • Also will be meeting with primary recruiter to talk Services QA needs

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • No updates
  • AMO/Marketplace
    • The new mobile designs have landed on -dev and is being tested.
  • BrowserID
    • In the hands of the Identity dev team -- still helping where/where we can
  • Flightdeck
    • testing fixes for IE download button problems
  • Mozillians
    • No updates
  • MDN
    • shipped latest milestone 08/21
  • Socorro
    • Milesone 18 aka the mobeta release has been moved to 2012-09-12
    • Fantastic changes landing in the interim
      • bug 774290 - Add b2g support
      • bug 784094 - Force correlations for next week's releases: must ship next week (what day?)
      • bug 781136 - Improve Flash detection
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • no updates; retaining the awesome contributors we've been blessed with

Community (Marcia)

  • Projects
  • Upcoming Events
    • Call for Nominations for MozCamp Asia 2012 - Singapore from 11/17 to 11/18. Stewards (marcia, juanb, ashughes and nhirata) have access to the nomination form so please route your nominations through them.
    • Italy academic event
      • Still awaiting feedback from the students regarding potential dates and topics they are interested in. School will be back in session soon.
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • no update
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • no updates this week; maintaining the awesome contributors thus far :-)

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • New ESX cluster for Mozmill-CI is up and running (OS X with 3 hosts per version; Windows and Linux 1 host per version for now due to vSphere issues)
  • Office hours for automation Q&A will start next Thursday (blog post upcoming)
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • TBD
Community Members Onboarding
  • Stephan Heller (Germany) on Python related code. First task in mozmill-env

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • We're very likely folding the current 3pm "basecamp" into the B2G standup meeting
    • Can easily resurrect the basecamp meeting when/if it's needed
  • [jsmith] Community and Firefox OS
    • Coverage for QA's Proposed B2G Testing session (desktop builds) for MozCamp
      • This was clarified at the 1:00 PM Meeting today
      • Likely Alex Keybl will lead the session but we will need people to help facilitate it since it will be hands on with Desktop builds
      • Possibilities: michal (warsaw), vivien (paris), mounir (paris), jeff griffiths and pierros
  • [marcia] Status of recording weekly QA staff meetings?
    • We need to have a QA specific login to record in Vidyo

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Send QA meeting agenda/dial-in info to (rather than just qa-staff)?

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items