From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Sep-12-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245(US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • Continuous Delivery Meetup: iOS CD Integration & Getting Faster Feedback from your CD System, tonight, 7pm, @Atlassian
  • Introductions
    • pragmatic

Travel / PTO

  • [camd] - PTO 9/12-14
  • [mbrandt] - Travel - MIT Job Fair & CS Club presentation 9/20 - 9/23
  • [nhirata] - PTO 9/14 ( Birthday PTO... actual birthday on 9/17 )
  • [jrgm] - PTO 9/27-9/28, Identity work week 10/1-10/5
  • [geo] - PTO 9/13 (oral surgery), availability TBD 9/14 (recovery)

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Ongoing beta releases
    • No chemspill for 15 to 15.0.1 Mac/Linux failed updates
  • ESR (ashughes)
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • no Sync client train this week
    • ironing out the last details of a Sync QA community action plan.
  • Community
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Continuing to test and evaluate ARMv6 device compatibility
    • 16.0b3
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • ARMv6 released, crash report for them : ARMv6 top crash
      • see stability report from Platform, Channel and Mobile Dev meetings
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • (jhammink) adding cases for gallery, smoketest (working with TF on this), camera to MT
    • (jhammink) vetted test results for TEF - getting similar results on smoketest
    • (jhammink) creating estimate for Test Effort based on existing metrics. Will reiterate.
    • (nhirata) Worked with TF on Browser TCs, sent them Settings TCs; Working on email TCs and exploratory testing.
    • Birt reporting -- we've identified feature needs, verified we can connect Birt to a local instance of Moztrap, generate sample reports, and are now working with IT to get read-only access to production data.
    • Working on permissions project w/ David Chan and Paul Theriault. Getting prototypes to the point of being able to invite in the rest of security assurance to help.
    • WebAPI Smoketest sprint in progress. Targeting one test per WebAPI area by Friday.
    • Working with Tony and Cameron to enable MozTrap->Jira export so TEF can maintain copy of testcases
    • Stability (nhirata)
  • Apps (Jason)
    • Focusing heavily on getting test cases in MozTrap, enhancing test plans against new UX for security/install, and getting ramped on 3rd party updates. Payments blockers have been removed, testing can begin on mozPay. Will start drafting testing for web activities. Will be meeting with Paul for apps security testing from an external perspective.
    • Android WebRT - 2 blockers remain, still drilling at testing bugs that get fixed
  • Pancake (nhirata)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jrgm)

  • Sync Server (jrgm): Sync Server
    • Sync 1.1/LogStash/MetLog go out to Production this week.
    • TokenServer work continues in Dev and Stage
      • Includes BID and ToS requirements for Production
    • AITC work continues in Dev and Stage
    • Sync 2.0 is on the back burner bubbling away
  • BrowserID (jrgm): BrowserID
    • Prep for Train 35: on Stage environment
    • Deployed to stage 2012-09-10 after some database issues
    • Load testing and regression testing underway - looks good so far
    • Will need to get an update for L10N before prod ships next week.
    • Deploy tickets:
      • Bug 787708 - Deploy train-2012.08.17 to staging environment
      • Bug 787707 - Persona: Schema change: add column to user - lastPasswordReset TIMESTAMP DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • klrmn continues to work on automation with the WebQA and Persona Dev teams
  • Hiring and Training
    • Recruiters are phone screening; jrgm phone screen with candidate Thursday

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
  • Firefox Marketplace
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Big SUMO UI revamp is underway with 3 contributors helping!
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Sergey, a long-time contributor, enjoyed MozCamp immensely, and gave us a shout out on our mailing list

Community (Marcia)

  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • no update
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item
  • Update on Syracuse project [Adi_J]

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • Mozmill CI now running tests on Windows 8
  • Released FlynnID 0.3 for registering nodes to Selenium Grid
  • Now using ScrumBugs for Mozmill test development.


  • Desktop automation
    • Mozmill update tests picked up regression where localised Nightly builds are being updated to en-US. See bug 790637
MozTrap (Cameron)
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • (jsmith) Payments story and coordination (just so everyone is on the same page)
  • (jsmith) Help us out on E2E test definition and execution

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • MozCampEU in Warsaw
    • [henrik] Automation Development
      • Our 'Make sure your code works' session was a success even that we run into a couple of issues; but participants are eager to continue in setting up the environment to run tests at home
      • Talked to >10 participants about test automation in general
        • Most likely a bunch of new upcoming contributors for l10n tests (Arky, Anas)
        • Sergej (Ukrain) who is working on Selenium tests will get more experience in Mozmill - interested in joined projects together with his colleagures
      • Advertised our meeting ans Q&A session to everyone
      • Want to check if we should also do something for MozCamp Asia
    • [jsmith] Mobile Web Compatibility Presentation Results
  • [henrik] email alias
    • sent out an email to this list because I wanted to start a discussion
    • As Marcia mentioned this email went out to the community
    • Why are we using a alias as a public list? No-one else is doing that and which is absolutely confusing.
    • is the email alias that we should be using for community as agreed upon on previous staff meetings. must point to the same list?
    • I think only should go out to the community
  • [henrik] Community giving program
    • It's closed since Sethb left more than a year ago - shall we reopen?
    • Marcia will have a at least a look what can be done
    • Would be really helpful so we can support our most active community members
  • Next steps for Task Manager Project? [mbrandt]
  • Information only - Win 8 VM is available in the fs2 directory for QA use
  • Please checkout: (Feedback would be valuable) [Adi_J]

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items