From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Oct 13, 2010

New Hires

Project Status

  • Overview (2 min brief update)

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Firefox 4 Beta 7: On hold.
    • ETA for builds: Next Monday, at the earliest.
    • Feature testing ongoing

Maintenance and Security (Al)

  • 3.6.11/3.5.14
    • 3.6.11 Build 3 is currently in testing after a regression was found (bug 601440) due to a fix on OS X.
    • New ship date for 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 is 10/19/2010 (next Tuesday).

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Fennec (Aakash)
    • Beta 2 code freeze on the 19th
    • We're working on adding testcases into litmus (mostly for regressions that have been popping up)
  • Sync (tracy)
    • 1.5 Extension released.
    • Explore using J-PAKE to securely pass credentials to another device. Tracking bug is bug 601644.
    • Grinding on bug work.
  • Test Pilot (tracy)
    • Firefox 4 beta interface study released
    • Next study up is a redo of "Week in the life"
    • Team is primarily working on studies; creation and results analysis
    • Some minor changes in the extension for Firefox 4 release.
  • Firefox Home (tony)
    • last week, signed off 1.0.3 and shipped to world.
    • Changes were around loc screen, bug fixes. Notes
    • Triaged 1.0.4 bugs
  • Jetpack (ayan)
    • Planning to drop explicit support for FFx 3.6.x soon
    • Jetpack tests failing on Firefox nightlies. Dev team working to find the exact the reason.
    • Starting with SDK 0.9, planning to have a QA procedure for the release.
    • Add-on builder difficult to automate. But not impossible. Need to talk to the developer for it.
  • Crossweave (ayan)

WebQA (Stephen)

  • AMO
    • AMO 5.12.1 is scheduled to go live Thursday (10/14)
  • SUMO
    • Working on SUMO 2.3. Feature complete is now scheduled for mid-November
  • Socorro
  • Input
    • Working on 1.9 -- going out Thursday (10/14)

QA Services (Marcia)

  • Meetups
  • Crash Investigation
    • Crashkill meeting has been expanded to meet weekly.
  • Community Planning
    • Drumbeat Festival participation has been cancelled. Work will continue on development of workshop materials and video in preparation for another event.
  • Video Work
    • QA Promo video has been completed. We can either publish it to the site or add universal subtitles (this will mean each person who spoke in another language will have to translate what they said). Thoughts?
    • Free and easy video converter:
  • Tomcat
    • as Marcia mentioned we changed Crashkill meeting to a weekly meeting
    • also now every Monday at 12pm we will have a Crash Triage meeting
    • Speaking Friday Oct 22 at the OpenSuse Conference in Nuernberg
    • also attending Friday 22 Oct (yep same date :) at the Munich OpenSource Meetup
  • Accessibility: (marco is on vacation)
    • FF4

Test Automation (Henrik)

  • Mozmill
    • List of Mozmill 1.5.1 blockers.
    • Release is still delayed due to the buildbot fix.
    • Expect first beta version by end of the week
  • Tests / Shared Modules
    • Some patches to fix broken tests have been landed.
    • Henrik's patches for Mozmill 1.5.1 will fix about 12 more tests across the different branches.
    • AddonsAPI mostly ready to use, first tests upcoming
    • Preparation for shared modules to move from the old module system to CommonJS
  • Tools / Infrastructure
    • Dashboard for Mozmill results has been updated. Reverse Proxy issues have been solved.
    • Mozmill machines have been upgraded to 32GB RAM each. We had a bad performance before with only 8GB RAM installed.

Discussion Items

Round Table

Takeaways and Action Items

Item Owner Due Done?