QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-03-18

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mozilla QA Meeting March 18, 2015

# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

Template available at:

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead: Stephen Donner
  • Scribe: Parul Mathur

Actions From Last Week

Deadlines and Schedules

Next Merge: May 13, 2024 Next Release: May 14, 2024
Central: 127 Aurora: 54 Beta: 126 Release: 125

Other Notable Dates/Events (Read Only)

Discussion & Updates for Team

Community Update

  • Plan is being developed for Q2 and beyond at the request of bsmedberg
    • Lots of interest in One and Done as a vehicle to drive community
  • If there are tools that we want to improve, we may have a good chance to get some resouces
  • QA Champions team is rethinking the Friday meetings and created an etherpad to solicit feedback about the effectiveness of the meeting and how frequently to have it
  • marcia still coordinating Flame deployment with Diane Tate - please contact me if you have contributors who need Flame devices
    • We also have some older ZTE devices that were recently discovered that might be good for a classroom project

Lightning Talk


New Contributor Spotlight

These are new contributors, if you see them around, say hello

Contributor Honor Roll

For those that went above and beyond this week, we salute you here.

Quarter Goals

Action Items and notes from the meeting

(Please bold action items. We will take notes on this etherpad)

  • Most teams have a reading list that is shipping in the spring version of Firefox.
  • [Action Item] Please link your team's Test Plan for the Reading List.
  • Bay Area QA Meetup group will be renewed. Stephen Donner will do 2 meetups in the year, the Firefox OS team might do one, and the Services team might do some in Q3.
  • FxOS v3 design details given by Bhavana.
  • Community Champions meeting might get merged into QA meeting as its second half.
  • Community Plan is being developed for Q2 and beyond at the request of bsmedberg
    • [Action Item] Marcia to circulate her etherpad for the team to contribute ideas for implementation in Q2.
  • Lightning Talk by Maja Frydrychowicz (irc: maja_zf). video-playback-test automation of EME in Firefox (HTML5 video support for YouTube videos in Firefox)
  • Thank you to Manel Rhaiem for her contribution to Mozilla.
  • Discussion on goals for Q2 should have started within individual teams. Shared goals need a lot more discussion and coordination, and may be difficult because of re-orgs. There will be a goal about One and Done in Q2 for sure.
  • Work Week in June 2015 at Whistler, Canada
    • [Action Item] Team members need to make a shortlist of community members they would like to invite.
    • [Action Item] We need to think about the amount of space and duration of meetings in the Work Week.
  • This is the last meeting in Q1. Next meeting on April Fool's Day 2015.
    • [Action Item] Please have less cruel jokes on this day.
    • [Action Item] Karl Thiessen to lead the next meeting, with Stephen Donner as the scribe.
  • Cat GIF is waaaay too busy.
    • [Action Item] Please submit less busy GIFs next time.

Travel / PTO (Read Only)



Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe

  • Lead: Karl Thiessen
  • Scribe: Stephen Donner